1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The excitment (the RAVE, WI)

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by CanadianBass48, Apr 9, 2006.

1. CanadianBass48

CanadianBass48

May 8, 2005
    Ont, Can
    My band plays at the RAVE on May 6th and I am so excited. I have played to about twice as many people before but not in this environment. And the state of the art equipment that I will be using. Dang. It will just be different. I am so excited thinking about it though. It is like a battle of the bands but it spands over quite a time period. I guess that you work your way up the ranks until the "best" have it out. Thats how I understand that it works. Ya, I can't wait.

Seth

2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    That is a pretty interesting place. I was there back in 96 to see the Sex Pistols. Assuming that it is the same place I am thinking of, that is.

Anyway, good luck.:)

3. Yeah, the Rave is an...um...interesting place. It's kind of a dump in a not so great area of Milwaukee, and it's usually dangerously overcrowded, but they have some cool bands there. I've seen the Mighty Mighty Bosstones there, as well as Social Distortion. They had the Warped Tour back in 2001, which I was at too (saw a lot of awesome bands like Rancid and the Vandals, but that building is way too small for an event like that).

4. CanadianBass48

CanadianBass48

May 8, 2005
    Ont, Can
    didn't they redo that building. I almost thought that they redid it or moved it location. I wouldn't really know though since I have only been in this location for about 4 months.

Seth

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    We've (El Pus) played there twice. I thought it was a great venue.

6. i think it depends on where you play at the rave...i've seen Korn in the ballroom, and i've seen Soil at the bar, and it is quite a bit of difference between the two imo

7. The actual Eagle's Ballroom isn't bad...the "Rave" room itself is too small for some of the bands they have there. I always thought to myself "man, if there's ever a fire in here, people are gonna die", 'cause it's always just shoulder to shoulder bodies in that place.

I haven't actually been there in a couple years at least, so if they've re-done it, I wouldn't know.

8. CanadianBass48

CanadianBass48

May 8, 2005
    Ont, Can
    Nice :eek:

9. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Well, How am I going to find you? What's the band's name?

Joe

10. CanadianBass48

CanadianBass48

May 8, 2005
    Ont, Can
    You won't find me. Hahahahahaha My band is Hope of Glory.

Seth