Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Exorcist Freaks Me out.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by AltIII, Mar 4, 2004.

1. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    Ok The Exorcist movie scares the **** out of me. I don't mean it at one point scared the **** out of me, I mean it has and still does scare the living bejesus out of me. Like phobia scare. I remember my father letting me watch it with him while staying home sick from school. Imagine a highly conditionable 7-8 year old watching a girl around his age posessed by the devil. Now imagine how scared he must be when, after watching her spew pea soup, he himself had to vomit. I seriously thought I was possessed. Now I'm 20 years old and I know better, but through psychological conditioning, I'm still effected by it.
    Now I can't even look at clips of the movie, pictures from the movie, posters or box art of the movie or even a certain Mod's avatar without getting an attack of anxiety. I Have to cover up Odie's avatar whenever I read through these forums.
    So...anyone else been effected negatively by psychological conditioning?

2. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    That movie is week.

Sorry I have been programed by my brother to feel nothing.

3. "The Ring" scares me. But, before you make fun of me, it isn't really the movie that scares me, it's that damn little girl. I don't like ghostly children, so much more terror, :)

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    That movie sent me to bed singing Jesus Loves Me. And that was just from the edited verion on TNT at 3 in the afternoon. when i was 15. :p

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA

6. OMFG ! AHAHA !! LMAO !!

Good laugh

7. Good call,
    Freaky story that coincides with this too....i just finnished watching the movie for the first time on my computer. And not even 5 mins after it was done there must have been a powersurge in my building cause it turned my tv on.
    I didnt get much sleep that night...talk about letting your imagination run away.

BTW, wasnt Exorcist based on a true story? Maybe someone can ring in some facts to that one?

8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Whoa.

George Bush was in town today. Cool.

9. I refuse to click that.

10. Its all good, i checked it out...nothing jumps out and says BOO! :D

11. You lie.

12. Nah, i wouldnt do that to you.

If you cant trust me...who can you trust? :D

13. I clicked it but now refuse to read it.

14. You can trust me. :ninja:

15. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    I read it and will provide screen shots if someone needs proof of a lack of a jumping out girl.

16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Lotsa people get "freaked out" about stuff. I was wondering, have any TB'ers here ever been "freaked in"?

17. Freak'in at the Freaker's Ball?

18. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    The Exorcist is one of my favorite movies of all time! I have a blown-up poster-sized mugshot of dear lil' Regan at her worst... :eek:

When you really get down and think about how the movie ended it is scary and at the same time very ironic... When you realize the experienced, more pious priest failed (and in a sense the Catholic Church) although he won against the very same demon in the past, (and no, it was not Satan) and when the "Doubting Thomas" Karras (in a sense, the more secularized world) took matters out of the rite and into his own hands, he came up victorious and a martyr and thereby being Christian in the truest sense of the word in the end by giving his life to save that of another. I look at it as we are our own salvation through our actions and not our beliefs regardless of religious denominations. A very powerful and moving film if you can get past the initial shock... Also one of the best horror films period if you can't! ;) :cool:

19. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I think it's a lot older than that...