The Exorcist

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jun 19, 2003.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Damn that movie is scary! I went to bed singing Jesus Loves Me after I saw it... and it was an edited version on TNT.

That movie is beyond scary... I'm sure something like that could happen if Satan got bored enough...

And that part where she comes down the stairs backwards and upside down, that is just freaking messed up. And when her head spins... yikes.

What if that actually happened? And the kid was yours?

Would you be able to deal with it? I don't think I would be able to... To much freaky crap for me...

bleh... *Shudders*
  2. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    I know, i didnt even see the whole movie, just the scary parts, i was scared out of my mind. Its definatly the scariest movie ive ever seen.

Those stairs are in Georgetown, a few minutes from my house. People go and run up and down them for good luck, or something. Ive never done that, but i've seen them.
  3. i always thought that movie was funny as heck.
  4. So did i.. but also mainly boring too.

5. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    It is based off of a true story, that happened not-so-far from where i live.
  6. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I think The Exorcist was too silly and unrealistic (duh) to be scary.

The Shining on the other hand is really scary, that really could happen, I tried watching that film twice, ages ago, and I could not watch it to the end...
  7. I'd get the ol' 12 gauge out...

and eat her remains:)

8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Good movie, and the absolute most boring commentary on the DVD ever if you rent that. I prefer the Omen series myself.
  9. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I thought Silence Of The Lambs was scarier.
  10. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    brian molko sang jesus loves me. live.

I think I like brian molko better than I like you.
  11. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Now THAT is a good movie! One of my all time favorites!
  12. geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    there are an older couple that investigate the paranormal,they are ED and LORRAINE WARREN.ED is a priest and demonolegist and the MRS. is a clairivoyant medium,together they are really they are real life ghostbusters,they have a web page on the net ,just type in their names and you will get the homepage(spooky stuff,not for the faint of heart:eek: )i have seen them 5 times and they have alot of actual footage compiles from over 50 years of doing this.i dont have the energy to go into all of it but i will share this,they have an actual homemade video tape of a man who was the town fool,its a small town in the boondocks.this man could barely talk but he would have fits of rage and would speak in latin and old greek showes his eyes bleeding,stigmata(crosses appering all over his body)and a few other acts of possesion that i cant recall. it a real video,shot from a hand held recorder.its been investigated and proven to be real.:eek: . i am a 31 year old man,ex-powerlifter,ex drug addict,ex-convict ETC. and when i tell you this is like nothing i have ever experienced in my life,not just that video,but all the other stuff they show in their lecture(i'm not bragging of my past legal and moral episodes,its to show that i am not a meek little person whos afraid of his shadow)the show they put on scared the **** out of me,and everyperson who i went with all 5 times felt the same.if you dig this stuff check them out at THE WARRENS@AOL.COM
  13. Anybody ever seen that film, "Ghostbusters"?

Scared the hell outta me.
  14. Funny and evil....

Love the "walking down the stairs upside down like a spider" trick....
  15. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    It was good. I love horror movies. But I think The Shining was better.
  16. E.T scares the crap outta me. Like a big walking pointing turd.... :p

17. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    "What are feces?"

"Baby mice"

18. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Much wierder movie. Much. I'm afraid of seven-foot tall Satanic bunnies.
  19. *Faeces...

20. yeah- especially the bit where the possessed voice says "did you see what she did? your c***ing daughter?"