The F Bass 2008 honey run has started

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by choad42, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Tom7

Tom7 I'm so bright, my mom called me son! ;-)

Jan 31, 2000
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Bravo! Very well said. I totally agree.

And what some see as jumping on a bandwagon, I see as an impressive leap of faith.

It's not like F-Bass was desperately groping for some formula for success. Their existing BN line has a world-wide, unimpeachable reputation. And F-Bass's AC line is the gold standard that all fretless bass makers yearn to reach. Heck, I know a guy who got gigs because of his AC6. There are a lot of good players who can handle the material well, but they wanted it handled with THAT bass's tone!

Seriously, I am impressed that George Furlanetto took the risk. Doing the R&D and launching a new product line is not an inexpensive thing to do. Three cheers for George!

Besides, success is a jealous mistress. I am old enough now to have realized that a lack of recent failure in my life is a sign that I'm living it too timidly to have wooed her favor.

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yeah, and after I saw that Lakland Decade, I vowed never to buy another Lakland. That just makes all of their basses suck.

3. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    I love those new VJ's

4. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Hey! How'd this thread get this far without pics of this one?

FBass01.jpg

FBass02.jpg

FBass04back.jpg

5. Munji,

Your F bass is one of the finest premium BN5s. It must play wonderfully and sound brilliant. Definitely one of the most distinct and beautiful tops I have ever seen grace an F.

Cheers,
    Paul Theriault
    Bassjones
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=234528

6. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Thanks. I got lucky and bought it used from Maurice (in Israel) here on talkbass. I'm still pursuing a customs issue but, even with the import tariff, I got it at a very decent price. I've been playing it at practices, and it plays as good as it looks. I talked to George Furlanetto at NAMM, and he remembered it as being exceptionally nice sounding (it is). It's definitely one of the best sounding basses I own, and very versatile. It has that rich, full tone all the way through the frequency range. It took me a while to get used to the VVT controls, but I think I've got it wired now.

The bad news? I think my wife still thinks it's ugly.

7. Tom7

Tom7 I'm so bright, my mom called me son! ;-)

Jan 31, 2000
    Eagle River, Alaska
    I've been trying to get an idea of how these new VF-5s sound.

Are they sonically similar to the Celinder Update, or more like Sadowsky Ultra Vintage 70's model? Neither? Does anyone know? KJung? Basses55? Tombows?

8. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Talking about a "Honey Run" makes me think of Whinnie the Poo.:bag:

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 19, 2021