The "F" word, the "S" word and what it means to you!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by odie, Jan 30, 2003.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

Well I'll be upfront I'm personally getting tired of editing peoples posts that have the "F" word or the "S" word. I maybe speaking for JT, Jazzbo and other Mods here but it gets really old looking thru reported posts with these colorful words and I'm sure they feel the same.

If you dont know what this is you can ask the nearest thug looking gangster what it is. Ok scratch that idea!:)

Dont use those words please even if you #*@ them out!! There are is less offensive slang that can be used.

Thanx just trying to reduce some housework around here!!:D
  2. F = both adjective and adverb.

"That dude runs F fast!"

"That sounds like F"

S = adjective

"Your face looks like S"

3. odie

odie Supporting Member

Always one in a crowd!! ;) :D
  4. lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    "If you can't F, S!
    If you can't S, F!"

Redd Foxx

:D :D :D :D

Sorry. It won't happen again.
  5. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, being a sailor, i would lose my way without those words in my vocabulary :D i don't normally use those words out of work, though....especially in a forum with such different views and opinions. not cool, yo
  6. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    @#$^*%!#@%$%&&*$#@$^^*()&($%^@$@%@$&*#^#$&$* :mad:

7. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

When I was a kid. If you said that word that started with 's'. You were MAD! Whoa!

But if you said that word that starts with 'f', you were REALLY MAD!! OUTRAGED!!! "Yeeow!"

And as a kid, if you were caught using that kind of language...LOOK OUT!

Unfortunately it seems that formerly forbidden cuss words are too much a part of the daily lexicon of alot of standard conversational english.

English itself (I'm hardly a linguist) seems to have an endless plethora of proper adjectives to express outrage, and disgust without resorting to the "nasty".

Grammar is an art. And, I admire the ways that one can express themselves intelligently, piling on with platitudes, as well as developed analogies to sum up situations(Fuqua). Then again, simple phrases, being terse or curt, also have thier place.

About 10 years ago, I made a concerted effort to eliminate profanity from my "user" list. It has been well worth it. I still get occasionally "freaked out" when I hear ostensibly well heeled, or established members of society use them with abandon.:eek:

I plod onward.
  8. She's Fing beautiful.
    She's Fing beautifully.
    It's a very useful word :D

IMHO, I don't understand what the problem is though. Who made the decision that people are allowed to say some words, and that others are considered to be bad or swearing? They're all just words aren't they?

That said, I think people can find better words to express themselves rather than substituting whatever profanity comes to mind.
  9. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Step one, instead of A, say "buns," like, "kiss my buns" or "you're a buns-hole."

Step two, instead of S, say "poo," like, "bullpoo," poo-head," or "this poo is cold."

Step three, with B, drop the 't,' 'cause 'bich' is Latin for 'generosity.'

Step four, don't say F any more, 'cause F is the worst word that you can say, F is the worst word that you can say, so you shouldn't say F, F no!

(Lyrics from the Southpark movie, Bigger, Longer, Uncut)

10. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    the f-word is the most utilitarian word in the language. to the best of my knowledge, it's the only word that can complete it's own sentence...

f the f-ing f-ers! do that with any of your non-profane words, why don't you? :D
  11. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I like the word "Buns-Hole"...he he.

The F word means nothing to me. but it does offend people. so i wouldn't use it. same for the S word.

But let me tell you something, if you make the person THINK your saying the F word, it does it's purpose anyways, you might as well have said the "F" word. Funny, these people will go buy edited cd's, and then a part comes up like "YOUR A STUPID MOTHER FU WIPPY WOW!"......I mean,,, come on,,, the thought of the f word clicked in your head right when that happened. Sad, IMHO.
  12. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    And by the way,,,,

Thats what they mean anyway. What i don't get is, how did slang words for the sex act, and poop become more insulting than saying "YOU STUPID POOP!". I don't get it. why is "a**hole" more insulting than "Butthole"? It just doesnt make sense to me.
  13. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
  14. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Fuqua and Sadowsky !!!! ??? :confused:
  15. Blame Canada. :)

(also from the Southpark movie...)

But seriously folks, we also have kind of a responsability towards the younger tb'ers who's parents probably don't want them to learn these words.
  16. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Fuqua and Sadowsky!!??

Surely that's a bit harsh on Ed and Roger!! ;)
  17. Excactly, if the kids find out there are such things as Sadowskys around it will be very expensive for their parents. We also have a responsability towards the parents. :)
  18. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    Ban them
  19. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I was wondering about this one, actually.

What counts as profanity?

As the S word does, I assume bull**** does too. But, I've seen a lot of people use this word uncensored - including moderators (mentioning no names... [cough]JT[/cough]).