Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Father of Warwick´s Dolphin basses???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CaracasBass, Mar 23, 2003.

1. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I´ve just found this pic and inmediately figured out where the guys at Warwick get the inspiration for their Dolphin model.......or NOT!!!???:confused:

(It´s a Fender Performer from the 80´s, of couse)
    [​IMG]

2. Not at all!

I find the Zon Legacy a bit similar to the performer.. but a Warwick dolphin??..definately not.

3. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Hey guys, this is suposed to be funny, a joke, so let me see some smiles!!!!!:D ;)

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    lay off the pills man :D

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Ok, I realize it was intended as a joke, but I'm still unsure as to how you see a Warwick Dolphin in that. :confused:

6. Here's a picture of my personal Dolphin for your comparison. You decide...

[​IMG]

Just another poor troll looking for some attention?

photo credit: mimi@bunnybass.com

7. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    If Warwick ever made an affordable version of the Dolphin, I'd be the first in line to buy it. Wow those things are so amazing. Maybe they'll make a Rockbass version, but not so ugly.

~Patrick

8. Hehe. There was an older bolt-on called the Pro II which is fairly hard to find. The ones I've seen have been badly beaten. Apparently there is a new set-neck version of the Dolphin which should be less expensive. Has anyone tried these?

Edit: List price on the set-neck is only about one third less than the Pro 1 so it's expensive, and the body is Afzelia so one can guess that it might be heavier. On the upside, it could have a dash of the Streamer Stage II tone which is awesome.

9. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Yes & Yes.

For the "Mass Consumer", the Pro II is probably more palatable than a Pro I. Bolt on neck, Maple neck, Position Markers (Dots, not Dolphins) at the Top of the fingerboard instead of centered. A bit lighter too. $900 will get you a GREAT One. $500 is not unheard of...

The Dolphin SN TCS is... Different! No position markers, Set Neck, and the body is Hollow, called a Tone Chamber System. Doesn't seem to make the bass any lighter, nor sound much different. but the lack of position markers makes the bass look unfinished. Plays nice, sounds good, just not for the Warwick Elite...

10. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Grease
    13. 13 years ah ah ah ahhhhhhh!

[​IMG]

Mushroo and MarkoYYZ like this.
  11. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    This fascinates me. What made you decide to answer a question that was asked thirteen years ago?

12. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
  13. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    Did Lindbergh make it?