Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The FBB Goodness

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by echo008, Apr 25, 2005.

1. echo008

echo008 Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Well I am just about at the end of wating for my check to clear and this beauty should be on its way to me anyday now.
    Everything I have read about Matt at FBB has been 100% true he is a great person to deal with and I cannot imagine not being happy with this bass, I just wanted to share.
    - Tom

2. echo008

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    The specs:
    Quilt top - Blue Dyed satin
    Mahogany Body
    Chechen Fingerboard
    EMG's w / Aguilar OBP1
    :bassist:

- Tom

3. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    You are in for the thrill of a lifetime :bassist:

I recently bought FBB #020, a fretless 6, from a TB member and the bass is incredible, no way to describe how beautifully crafted it is and how perfect it feels when you play it ....

I really like the finish on that, just plain pretty :D

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

All the best with it, enjoy. :bassist:

5. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    i love the body shape! awesome bass! if you don't mind me asking, what was the price on it?

6. yomchi247

yomchi247

Sep 6, 2004
    that color is amazing. Is the neck finished or just dyed?

7. echo008

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks for the kind words guys, im pretty excited to get it.

yomchi247, the neck as far as I know is dyed like the body ... Im not sure if Matt used stain for the neck,

skunkrawk, as for the price Ill just say I got at a discount, I would not want to put anyone in an uncomfortable position. but I love the body shape as well, Seems Matt is updating his model line and this shape is a prototype for the "Moderna" body style.

pointbass, Congrats on your new bass! I have heard nothing but great things about FBB and you loving yours make me all the more happy I got mine.
    - Tom

8. yomchi247

yomchi247

Sep 6, 2004
    yeah that's what I thought from the picture. I love the blue color, and especially on neck. I'm not too big on finished necks, so if that is just dyed, it's a dream :)

9. echo008

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    The bass itself is satin so there is no gloss finish or anything like that on the neck, The bass again is a prototype and Im almost sure this is one of three basses FBB has done with this color. thanks again
    - Tom

10. pointbass

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Tom,
    Not to mess with your head anymore than it's already spinning while waiting for the bass, but.......

Wait until you feel the neck :hyper: That was the primary thing that got me to buy my bass site unseen ..... every FBB I had tried had the same unbelievably cool feel to the neck!

You are going to love this bass, now I'll stop tormenting you :bag:

11. teacherguy

teacherguy

Feb 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    GORGEOUS BASS!

Congrats! :bassist:

Jon

12. echo008

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    I just got word that it should be shipped tomorrow! so my wait will not be too much longer .... of course I cannot wait to play it,
    ... out of curiosity whats the spacing on your fretless 6? did you find it hard to play at first?
    - Tom

13. echo008

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    pointbass, the reason why I am asking about your bass is because FBB currently has a fretless 6 up on the site with a "no-radius fingerboard" which I would imagine alter the feel of the neck alot, just wondering if you had to alter your playing style any....
    - Tom

14. pointbass

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Spacing on the 6 is 18mm, a little tighter than my fretted 6 at 19mm. Really no big deal ........

15. pointbass

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    No, my bass is one of the older FBB's, made in 2000 .... not sure what the radius is, but it's not the "no-radius" flat type. I'd like to try that at some point, just out of curiosity.

16. echo008

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    I see, yea I am a bit curious myself.... as for string spacing 18mm seems to about the middle of the road with 6 strings, In the past Ive owned a Modulus Q6 at 17mm and a Roscoe SKB at 19mm, I have liked them both but my preference would be more toward the 17mm. ...... anyway
    - Tom
    The waiting ..... :hyper:

17. Cliff Bordwell

Cliff Bordwell Commercial User

Jan 6, 2004
    USA , Orlando , Florida
    Owner of CB BASSES
  18. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Congrats on your FBB! The blue dye job looks great.

19. echo008

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
  20. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    gorgeous bass! :hyper: