1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Fender ‘Elite’ Series Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by faulknersj, Dec 12, 2018.

1. faulknersj

faulknersj Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Scottsdale Az
    I really love my Fender ‘Elite’ series Basses. They are my favorite Fender offering yet for a variety of reasons including build quality, incredible playability, and diverse passive & active tonal palettes. The toughest part for me is deciding which one to grab for each gig! Share pictures, sounclips, and words of appreciation for your Fender ‘Elites!’

Attached Files:

dbljointedthumb, G-Z and RColie like this.
  2. faulknersj

Apr 4, 2008
    Scottsdale Az
    Bumping in search of some love.

3. I, too, am pretty wild about these basses. I have the twins of your P and 4-string J.

faulknersj likes this.
  4. I have flats on the J, btw.

faulknersj likes this.
  5. mannysilvers

mannysilvers Commercial User

Jun 20, 2009
    NYC
    Engineer, Electro-Harmonix
    Played an Elite Jazz at a GC a few months back, probably my favorite bass I randomly played at a store in several years. If I were to buy a new hi-end bass today it'd probably be that or a USA Geddy Lee.

6. I purchased my Professional Elite P Bass earlier this year.
    It is a great bass.
    I love the compound neck.

faulknersj likes this.
  7. The tone from the demos is awesome

faulknersj likes this.
  8. faulknersj

Apr 4, 2008
    Scottsdale Az
    I would love to hear SoundCloud of that J w/ Flats man!!

9. G-Z

G-Z My other account is a Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2018
    Straya
    My first and (so far) only Fender. I like it...a lot.

20180506_145738.

20180506_152051.

20180506_152104.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  10. Leonid Nidis

Leonid Nidis

Jan 1, 2018
    Huge step foward this series.Love my p!everybody loves it specialy for recording.not sure about the jazz yet as i got it all modded with bartolini stuff(hate it),need to put back the original pickups and pre first.

PS thinking about refinish on the p bass from black to surf green or something like that.

11. JtSD619

JtSD619

Nov 10, 2011
    San Diego
    Best bass I’ve owned. Previous basses include custom Warwick, stingray, sire, 2001 fender deluxe.
    DE1F899E-4E82-43A7-B334-566B76B367BC.

12. faulknersj

Apr 4, 2008
    Scottsdale Az
    Thank you very much for the kind words! I love the tones I can get from these Basses!

13. faulknersj

Apr 4, 2008
    Scottsdale Az
    I think these 4th Generation Noiseless pickups are underrated and I would put the pre-amps in this category as well. I can get so many tones out of this combination.

14. faulknersj

Apr 4, 2008
    Scottsdale Az
    I love that color combo! The Elite PJ's are incredible...I would say mine is my #1...until I play may jazzes lol!

JtSD619 likes this.
  15. Curious about how everyone is setting their tone controls on the Professional Elite Series Basses?

16. faulknersj

Apr 4, 2008
    Scottsdale Az
    Thank you for chiming in!

Do you mean the passive tone controls...or the pre-amps in general?

17. The both passive and active tone controls...

18. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    IMO, Fender hit it out of the park with the Elite series. My main bass is an Am Elite J5, and I have owned the Elite P (only sold because as much as I want to like 4 strings, I’m just more at home on 5’s), and an Elite Dimension 5HH.

faulknersj likes this.
  19. LBS-bass

LBS-bass Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2017
    California
    I absolutely love mine. Tonally, it is everything I wanted from a bass and the sound is so well balanced that I tend to run it with the tone controls pretty much straight up on everything. Mine is a jazz, and I usually run it on active mode with the bridge pickup slightly dominant. Sits really well in any mix and sets up really low.

gkella and faulknersj like this.
  20. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
    While I would love to jump in this pool, I’m a big fan of Jazz Basses, but completely detest neck binding. Really wish Fender would offer a higher end J without that neck binding. Non-starter for me.