1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Fender 7250m Fanclub

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by jasonrp, Mar 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. jasonrp

jasonrp

Feb 19, 2015
    vt
    I honestly don't understand the hate these things get. They sound like rotos, last a LOT longer, and are cheap as dirt. They shred the fingers until you develop an impressive nerve dead stump on every digit too! With my bass setup these are the strings that I always came back to and I can't be the only person that loves these things.

Join me..don't be ashamed. Declare your love for the poor man's rotosounds.

2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Who hates them? And what rotosounds are these the poor man's version of?

3. jasonrp

jasonrp

Feb 19, 2015
    vt
    I knew I should've made a list of the threads I've seen it in.

Roto swings btw

4. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    These nickel plated rounds are as rough on the fingers as roto steels?

5. jasonrp

jasonrp

Feb 19, 2015
    vt
    They do shred the fingers. I'll admit that I haven't played rotos in a long time (since I found the fenders) and I haven't done a scientific study on actual skin fibers left in the fenders verse the rotos. That would tell me if one shredded more than the other. I suppose I would need some sort of control subject with tender fingers to start with. Some sort of graph chart maybe....

That's why the title...fender...not roto..

So.....you're number 2?

6. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    No, not a fan. Just found the comparison odd. Carry on.

Herrick likes this.
  7. jasonrp

jasonrp

Feb 19, 2015
    vt
    Have you ever played a brand new set?

BTW: my thread my rules. You are #2

At least I can get that list started for you of threads where someone says they don't like the fenders

flojob likes this.
  8. Thuddy Waters

Thuddy Waters

Mar 20, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    I don't know anything about these strings. I have never used them, and I never will. Can I be #3?

9. TimB 619

TimB 619 Guest

May 28, 2010
    I use the 7250L set. Never found them to be rough at all. Even Fenders 7350 stainless rounds don't feel rough to me. Can I be #4?

Esoge likes this.
  10. FourBanger

FourBanger

Sep 2, 2012
    SE Como
    If nickel-plated rounds are really rough to you I actually dare you to install real Rotos on your bass. You'll probably die.

Esoge likes this.
  11. Thuddy Waters

Thuddy Waters

Mar 20, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Welcome to the club. You have been assimilated. You are now #5.

flojob and sideFX like this.
  12. FourBanger

FourBanger

Sep 2, 2012
    SE Como
    You will note I list no clubs in my sig. I can't. I have diplomatic immunity.

Esoge likes this.
  13. Thuddy Waters

Thuddy Waters

Mar 20, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Resistance is futile. You have been assimilated.

14. jasonrp

jasonrp

Feb 19, 2015
    vt
    I've had real rotos. My point is these are comparable and much cheaper. But yes after playing my upright for the past year, the fenders did a number on them

Welcome to the club # 4 and 5

15. jasonrp

jasonrp

Feb 19, 2015
    vt
    I missed Tim's post. Guess we've got six fans now.

I can't wait for our annual Christmas party. Once I've done a few shots, I'll take that ACTUAL dare and install real rotos...it's gonna be insane

16. I do really like these strings. I currently don't have any basses strung with them but they were what I preferred on my stingray when I owned one.

17. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    The Deluxe PJ in sea foam pearl I recently got came with these. I got a set of chromes for it, but I like the tone with the round nickel steels so much I've decided not to change the strings.

18. Thuddy Waters

Thuddy Waters

Mar 20, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Welcome back Fearless Leader. We missed you. We humbly await your orders. What is thy bidding?

19. FourBanger

FourBanger

Sep 2, 2012
    SE Como
    Don't push it.

20. This is very intriguing... A fan club where one doesn't need to be a fan of anything at all!

Ooops! Have I just been assimilated just for posting this, too?