The Fender Haters Thread

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Alex, Dec 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I hate Fenders. I can't describe it. There's just something inexplicable about them...... It might be because they're so mainstream and normal. Or maybe because their company feels like it has no soul and is so fake? :meh:

I dunno. I guess I don't hate them, you just couldn't make me buy one. I even played one the other day because it was the only fretless that GC had in stock, and it felt so......painful?

They're also overpriced.

Anyone else out there like me?
  2. Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    I don't think they're over priced and I by no means hate them, but 8/10 times I would choose something else. I don't care for the sound of any fender with p pickups but the jazzes are nice. If I was to get a fender I would only get a high end Jazz.
  3. Coward Of Reali

Coward Of Reali

Oct 13, 2003
    Fenders are allright but it seems like whenever someone posts on this board about 'wanting a bass for heavy music' everyone tells him to get a fender. If someone wants a bass for acoustic mellow music everyone says get a fender.
    If someone asks for everyones opinions on two nonfender basses everyone tells them to just go and buy a fender.

I mean c'mon lets try and break out of this box
  4. irjason

irjason Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    At one time I didn't care for Fenders either. I just didn't see what all the fuss was about. It really changed my mind when I finally played a nice vintage jazz that was at a local shop. After that I realized that they were worth looking into. Now I have 2 Fender instruments. Eveyone has their own taste, so it could be that Fenders just aren't for you. I wouldn't totally dismiss them just because of the name on the headstock though.
  5. Fenders have a certain vibe and feel that some people seem to either get or not get. Everyone is an individual and not everyone plays the same basses. Personally, I love a good jazz or P bass. Similarly, though, I hate lower end Fenders that play and sound very bad. High-end, though, they have a unique sound and feel, which just happens to be a standard in the industry. I love my Fenders, but I've played many many Fenders that weren't worth half the price.
  6. Lewi_wilko

Mar 24, 2004
    fender haters thread?

..... tumbleweed
  7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Whatever. More Fenders for the rest of us.
  8. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Threads that start like this *never* turn out well.

Bzzzt! Closed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.