1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Fender Jazz Bass Club Part Seven!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Mar 6, 2014.

Tags:
  1. juancaminos

juancaminos Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    USA, Phoenix, AZ
    I had first dibs!

2. juancaminos

juancaminos Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    USA, Phoenix, AZ
    I'd go with whatever J Bass you can afford then upgrade when you can. I really enjoyed mine in passive mode for several years. Then went to a J East active "drop in" BAM!

3. gsgbass

gsgbass Guest

Mar 14, 2014

You're welcome, I think the Black Moto looks pretty good also. I think it does well on a lot of different body colors also.

tY7NGEI.

Caca de Kick and Glazenn like this.
  4. judeix808

judeix808

Oct 2, 2010
    Hilo, HI
    Yes.

5. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK

It looks kind of silver... Is that the color when you ordered... I really want to get that.Or was it called Black Moto. Waiting for your PM so you can mail me that bass....: )

iceboxbass and gsgbass like this.
  6. gsgbass

gsgbass Guest

Mar 14, 2014
    The Black Moto on a different angle. The light it's in influences it a bit.
    Don't hold your breath on the bass coming your way.

XLlNB70.

iceboxbass likes this.
  7. iceboxbass

iceboxbass Living the Dream! Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    How'd you get Fender to respond? I emailed them thru their online store asking to buy a PG and tuning machines a month ago and still no answer. Did you call them? I loooove the Black Moto PG btw!:)

gsgbass likes this.
  8. Resonance129

Resonance129

Feb 15, 2011
    Georgia
    Diversity is practically my middle name lol. I have 6 bases, and none of them have the same woods or pickup configurations. I like to have options.
    Per your suggestion, I probably will be getting a passive one, first. If I decide to upgrade it, I can, but the passive sound my be just right as it is.
    I actually finally got a chance to try a Buttercream Player Series Jazz yesterday in a store and was extremely close to taking it home with me (the guy had me filling out a financing application in the store and everything lol). I decided to sleep on it for now, but I may be goin back to get it, pretty soon...

Malak the Mad and iceboxbass like this.
  9. Bottom 4

Bottom 4 Gold Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2018
    New Jersey
    E265A1F2-CA44-4426-AABA-3830AE87463C. I guess I never really joined this club, so here I am. All original ‘65

10. gsgbass

gsgbass Guest

Mar 14, 2014
    Yep. I called them. Very easy. The Black Moto is pretty good.
    aidLvJi.

11. Chucky Stiletti

Chucky Stiletti Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2017
    Santa Cruz, CA
    [​IMG]

12. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Aaaand I'm sooooo jealous! Lol

I did call Fender customer service earlier today and talked with a very nice and helpful tech, who explained to me, for whatever reason Fender doesn't offer much in 5 string bass accessories. Also the tuning machines for my 1998 American Standard Jazz V is too old for Fender to stock any longer:bawl::crying:. BUT...The tech looked up the sku#s for the tuning machines and PG. unfortunately the sku that he gave me was for the brown tort PG.
    would you still have the packaging for your Black Moto PG that you could give me the sku# please?
    The tech also gave me a couple of Parts sites that I hadn't heard of to check. Darren Riley.com and STRATOshereparts.com The latter buys used Fenders that are parts basses and also Fender parts to resale.
    I ran into another site, Brook Mays Musical Instruments | Site Map | orders@brookmays.com This site you are able to look up parts by the sku#. This site I've found the tuning machines but they were already closed and I wanted to talk to sales to make sure it's the right part, not the modern tuner.

gsgbass likes this.
  13. Chucky Stiletti

Jun 8, 2017
    Santa Cruz, CA
    mmpw4cne0fcfsc_ekuup0ywdho35hqztflzti0wzytt4p8vp3bja48mnwbfk-z_j23snxhcu4mq-owa-outlook-live-.

Lex P. likes this.
  14. gsgbass

gsgbass Guest

Mar 14, 2014
    I have a part #for the Black Moto, (P.N. 0992171000). I don't know if they'll have a 5 string version of the Black Moto PG.

iceboxbass likes this.
  15. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Thank you brother:thumbsup::cool:
    I'll find out for sure!:D
    If not...I have an outlet that can cut one.

gsgbass likes this.
  16. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    WHAT in the world is that Fender?!?!:nailbiting::wideyed::eyebrow:

Chucky Stiletti and Spidey2112 like this.
  17. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    A mandolin bass... doubles as Texas fly swatter, during the summer months...

Chucky Stiletti likes this.
  18. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Aaaaah...:laugh::roflmao:
    We need that for our Michigan mosquitos(Which are referred to as our state bird;)) during the summer!:D
    Thank you.

Chucky Stiletti and Spidey2112 like this.
  19. Chucky Stiletti

Jun 8, 2017
    Santa Cruz, CA
    I don't really know. I thought it was an electric ukulele but it's tuned like a mandolin..

20. Very, very nice!

Bottom 4 likes this.