1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Fender Jazz Bass Club Part Seven!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Mar 6, 2014.

Tags:
  1. fat_nermil

fat_nermil Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Richmond, VA
    Thank you :)

2. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Only five?! Ha! Amateur Hour!! :laugh:

Okay…so, I may have "a problem". :unsure:

iceboxbass and mrb327 like this.
  3. mrb327

mrb327

Mar 6, 2013
    Colorado
    Nobody Knows
    Those are just the unopened rounds

Plus
    1 unopened flats
    3 used

9 used rounds waiting for the gallon of alcohol I just procured

iceboxbass, R&B and Malak the Mad like this.
  4. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Now that's more like it! :thumbsup:

Dammit! Now I'm an "enabler" with "a problem"! :facepalm: :rolleyes:

iceboxbass and R&B like this.
  5. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    Oceana (Pacifica) CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    I love the flats - I have them on a few basses and they all sound/play great! I love the (nickel) wounds too - I have them on more basses but that just makes the ones with flats more special! :bassist: (and flats "last" forever!)

mrb327 and iceboxbass like this.
  6. New bass. Got it home yesterday. It seems that black basses choose me. After some time with a Lakland it feels great to be home with a jazz again. No mather what bass I’ve owned I always get back to the jazz bass.
    Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics. I’m sure I take som better shot sometime :)

Can’t wait to try it out with the band

DFD7176B-6720-472E-843B-BF22ADEBEC27. CB94BB73-479D-4C59-A7B9-9341703B6E4A.

7. I played my USA Geddy Lee Jazz through the Ampeg V-4B / SVT-212AV. A great sound.

kbpRKOl.

8. RockinRonnie

RockinRonnie carpe diem Supporting Member

Your black on black with rosewood is gorgeous :thumbsup:

DanielSkilberg likes this.
  9. Thanks. I usually love black basses with Maple fretboard but I must say I’m really pleased with this one and it’s growing on me :)

RockinRonnie likes this.
  10. iceboxbass

iceboxbass Living the Dream! Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Hey Daniel! Great to see you around on here! Great looking Jazz Bass!

11. Hi Mike. Thanks. I’m in here from time to time. Mostly reading posts. Hope everything I good with you

iceboxbass likes this.
  12. danl terry

danl terry

Aug 2, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Hi. It's been a while but loved the Jazz since I found a totally trashed '65 in a pawn shop 'bout 12 years ago, restored it back to original Shoreline gold, sold it to England where it sold again to Norway (or Sweden). Then I was contacted by a local who'd had posted notice and photos of his stolen Jazz several years prior and wondered if the one that he saw posted somewhere that I restored and sold might be his missing one. Tho' the instrument had been radically buggered prior to my acquisition SN's matched and I kept pretty good photos through the process and we determined it was his. I contacted the buyer in Europe, shared the story and he graciously sent it home to the original owner in Austin for a happy ending. And I've missed her too and been without a Jazz since. Until today.

Well it's not here yet. And until it does, I'm not absolutely sure it's not merely an excellent copy under a horrific repaint job covering the body, pickguard and headstock front and back. My hunch under all the black paint is it's a Fender Jazz Mexican 5 string. As this one's for my personal use, I'll restore it to my dream Jazz as a nitro Ocean Blue, Tortoise pickguard with matching headstock version. I'll of course share photos of progress and evidence as I discover it.
    ds_jazzbass-asfound. ds_jazz5-hdst_asfound.

R&B, Malak the Mad and iceboxbass like this.
  13. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Yes all’s good thank you. How about you? Gigging a bunch I see on fb. :thumbsup:

DanielSkilberg likes this.
  14. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Wow what a story and a happy ending for the stolen bass. That doesn’t happen very often, to see a stolen bass return to its original owner. Especially after 12 years! Congratulations on your new jazz bass! Looks like a great project. Looking forward to seeing the refinish. You doing it yourself?

15. danl terry

danl terry

Aug 2, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    Yes. Few activities are as satisfying and rewarding than restoring a classic finish to a fine instrument that appears instead to be a piece of cheap junk some dweeb dragged through a puddle of asphalt in a fit of gothic teen angst. The nitrocellulous lacquers are coming from Reranch, a favorite supplier for many years. I suspect I may be able to safely remove the crap black finish (judging by the way the paint twisted when the tuners were reinstalled indicates the paint is most likely house painter's latex, which I expect I'll be able to remove without totally destroying any underlying decals beneath. The instrument which showed up at goodwill was identified only as a "Guitar Black with Case". I love how Goodwill often enough sells donated goods without bothering to get informed opinions on what they have, making possible true bargain possibilities. If they had identified it merely as a bass, it's doubtful I could have landed the winning bid for about what a Jazz neck without tuners alone costs. A tortis pickguard and correct knobs are on their way.

iceboxbass likes this.
  16. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    Snowing out today, so I’m learning some new songs. I’m really liking the Labella low tension flats on my FCS 64 jazz.

5537C441-B6FA-4806-A33C-48717D3D7B2C.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  17. JIO

Jun 30, 2010
    Oceana (Pacifica) CA
    Love that bass - Fiesta Red can be interpreted in different shades but to me that one is it.

The source of that classic colour - somewhere between orange-red and salmon - more 'creamy' compared to bold. And I dig the Mesa - I nearly bought one of those!

Unknown-1. shopping.

sneha1965 likes this.
  18. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    Thank you! Fiesta Red is one of those colors that has quite a few variations. Mine has quite a bit of saturated color like the top car you posted.

superdick2112, iceboxbass and JIO like this.
  19. Great to hear.
    I’m okey. Have been sick for 2,5 years now but I have had a few gigs and have some new projects coming up if everything goes the right way. Playing both drums and bass

20. JIO

Jun 30, 2010
    Oceana (Pacifica) CA
    There's a tb'r from Italy who has a Fiesta Red dot/bound '66 (with pops) - talk about drool

iceboxbass and sneha1965 like this.