1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Fender Jazz Bass Club Part Seven!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Mar 6, 2014.

Tags:
  1. MBeanBass

MBeanBass

Aug 25, 2020
    North of Boston
    It sounds incredible. Lot’s of midrange “gank” from the neck pickup, and the bridge pickup barks. Round in the bottom.

Slaphound likes this.
  2. Mickeyb48

Mickeyb48

Feb 15, 2015
    I’ve been doing that with a variety of if sets already.

Malak the Mad likes this.
  3. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    california
    i have a visual arts background ;)
    4ABB2589-4CB2-494D-8B5E-05ED2F8B3C9A.jpeg
    +
    2F229CC6-BAA4-48A1-8662-958C3AF4D095.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  4. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

As much as I’d like to say, “Great minds think alike, muther-plucker!”, to call myself a “great mind” is more than a bit of a stretch. :rollno:

5. Malak the Mad

Cool. What would you say are your top three favs?

6. Mickeyb48

Mickeyb48

Feb 15, 2015
    Lately I’ve been going through the DR string line. They stay in tune real well. As of now I’m liking the nickle lo riders and getting ready to try some Hi Beams. I’ve done the GHS D Adarios. I’ve liked the D Adarios. So far the DRs are a real fav. I have a set of stainless Lo Riders on, not a 100 percent thrilled. I’m just going down the line.

Crusher47 and Malak the Mad like this.
  7. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    california
  8. Interesting combo you've got there.

God's Favorite Bass likes this.
  9. It's kind of a typical Sunday for me. Sundays are my down time day and I go into sloth mode.

Slaphound and SJLee like this.
  10. I'd play ANY Resident Evil at any time of the day, or night. :)

God's Favorite Bass likes this.
  11. Malak the Mad

Oh? I didn’t know you worked at the DMV. :sleep:

B1F24E5C-C4DF-4DC8-862C-28B56CD10ADC.gif

12. Slaphound

Slaphound Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    I just need to share my happiness right here. This is my Vintera 70’s jazz and its absolutely my favorite bass. Tone. For me, this babys got it for sure

Attached Files:

13. Malak the Mad likes this.
  14. Nice man, enjoy! I like the blocks/binding.

Slaphound likes this.
  15. Slaphound

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    Me too. I had tried a Vintera 60s and 70s a few times at the local GC and Sam Ash stores before I bought this in May of last year. When I saw this on the Sweetwater website, I grabbed it. I knew this is the darkest fretboard on a Mexican Fender I had seen up to that point plus I was familiar with how it was going to sound. It's very satisfying to be able to play this and have it sound this good. I'm mostly a finger picker but recently I started pick playing to get more of a Berry Oakley vibe going with my band (we cover much Allmans) and It is just my go to bass now. Its like I'll never need another bass again. We shall see. But for now, Its everything I could want in a bass guitar.

16. Malak the Mad

Sounds like a love affair to me! ;)

Slaphound likes this.
  17. Slaphound

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    I have noticed that the tone control does seem to bleed some volume off as well as treble. That’s common. yea?

murphy likes this.
  18. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    MBeanBass likes this.
  19. randallphish

randallphish

Feb 22, 2018
    changed up the pickguard on my Mim Jazz Bass. Swapped out the tortoise pickguard.
    EA9EF3EF-01AB-4B55-8A9F-EE49171AAF9B.jpeg

Attached Files:

20. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    As far as I recall ...you typically lose some perceived volume as the highs and upper mids will be gone...which take up the audio loudness with less power...Volume of the perceived lows will need a bit of boost to sound the same to our ears...

It does not seem as noticeable when one or the other pickup is turned down slightly... AFAIR

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021 at 9:10 AM
    Slaphound likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021