1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Fender Jazz Bass Club Part Seven!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Mar 6, 2014.

Tags:
  1. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    I love seeing a Banksy ...and on a Bass...Perfect

I wonder if he ever gets a commission on such things?

Lovely piece of ASH you have there :thumbsup:

randallphish likes this.
  2. randallphish

randallphish

Feb 22, 2018
    thanks man. I love Banksy art as well. When I decided to switch my pickguard I knew it needed something else and just seemed perfect.

murphy likes this.
  3. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
  4. MBeanBass

MBeanBass

Aug 25, 2020
    North of Boston
    Thank you!

5. Mickeyb48

Mickeyb48

Feb 15, 2015
    Thanks

6. Basssist1122

Basssist1122

Feb 4, 2021
    Do you guys feel that the improvements on the AM Pro 2 are worth it over an American Standard? I'm looking at the 5 string so the standard wouldn't have the CS pickups.

7. Cowboy0071

Cowboy0071

Apr 6, 2012
    If numbers are still being given for the Fender Jazz bass club, I'd love to have one, if not, no worries.

R&B likes this.
  8. Bassndrums73

Bassndrums73

Mar 13, 2018
    Ohio
    This bass started out as a stock Fender Limited Light Edition Ash Jazz Bass. I didn’t like the sound of th V Mod pickups that came in it so I bought a set of Fender Ultra Noiseless pickups and installed them. I also removed the white knobs and the pearloid pickguard and replaced them with black knobs and a brown tort guard. It’s now the instrument I want it to be and it will be with me for life. 23EA6E18-9B49-4EA9-986B-D5853D281BD4.jpeg And so for your viewing pleasure here is a pic of the finished product.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  9. jymyben

jymyben Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2007
    cool finish...

10. Bassndrums73

Bassndrums73

Mar 13, 2018
    Ohio
    I’m very happy with the way it turned out. Not only looks great but plays great and sounds the way I want it to.

11. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

That finish is quite gorgeous! :drool: What’s also neat about it is you could pair it up with a variety of necks...bound & blocked rosewood or a similarly decked- out maple neck, for example...and it would still work on a visual level.

lowdownthump, murphy and Slaphound like this.
  12. Bassndrums73

Bassndrums73

Mar 13, 2018
    Ohio
    Yes you could but I originally bought this particular bad not only because it was light and also ash but for the thin C shape and not having a bound neck. I already have that covered with my Fender Ultra Jazz. 720A0CDF-B079-465E-8E61-BFABBDEF10BF.jpeg

MBeanBass, Greg75, friend33 and 3 others like this.
  13. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    I have to say..I could not get my head around the look of that bass and now you have fixed everything that was wrong
    Looks so good now
    Perfect
    You have a good eye and a beautiful bass now! :thumbsup:

Bassndrums73 likes this.
  14. Mickeyb48

Mickeyb48

Feb 15, 2015
    How are those pickupS I have the Vmods on my Am Pro II I don’t care for the noise when I try and adjust the volume pots to taste.

15. Greg75

Greg75 Supporting Member

Jazzies2.jpeg

16. JIO

JIO Connery... Sean Connery Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    The Mission SF/CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
  17. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

I didn't have that problem with my American Pro II. Working the controls was as quiet as could be. I'm just shootin' from the hip here, but I suspect you might be having problems with the pots or a connection somewhere in the wiring harness. Does it affect all three controls or just one in particular? And to be thorough, have you tried a different cable as a "just in case"?

18. Mickeyb48

Mickeyb48

Feb 15, 2015
    Just when mixing between the two volume pots. The bass I bought is brand new. I tried a couple of different basses and same thing followed. I did power conditioning, all new cables, a humX nothing helped. So I’m not sure if this is a Fender thing.

19. Bassndrums73

Bassndrums73

Mar 13, 2018
    Ohio
    I really like them. They have a fuller tone with more heft to them than the Gen 4 Noiseless that were in a couple of the Fender Elite Jazz basses I used to own. When I bought my Ultra Jazz that’s the first thing I noticed. Fuller sounding. Plus there is no single coil hum to deal with that the V mods have. The V mods just have too much treble and midrange bite for me. The Ultra Noiseless pickups are just right for me.

furym likes this.
  20. furym

furym

Aug 31, 2014
    Carthage, NC
    It was the Ultra noiseless that converted me to a JB. Until I heard these I was strictly a P bass player.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 14, 2021