1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Fender Premium Koilkord: any good?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by High Camp, Jun 2, 2014.

1. High Camp

High Camp

Oct 3, 2013
    Netherlands
    I was looking for a cable with a vintage look and saw these Fender Premium Koilkords.
    http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_premium_koilkords30.htm
    (Can be any webshop, Thomann is just an example)

Anybody with experience with these cables?
    They're not really expensive to me, so that's no hurdle.

Thanks in advance!

2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    I recall my oldest brother using one when I was a tyke. They don't lay on the floor; they describe an arc from your bass to the amp and all the weight of the cord is on the connectors. He quit using it when he found himself tripping over it and pulling the jacks off. This in the mid 60s and he pretty much just stood still. It was a good idea but, seems lacking in pragmatics.

Seems to me these days you should be able to get a transmitter that plugs into the bass and clips on the bass strap, with a receiver that plugs into the amp and you could do away with the cord entirely.

To keep that vintage look you could always get a braided cable, loop one end over your amp head and stick the other end in your pocket! :D

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014