Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Fieldy FAQ

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by BaroqueBass, Jun 24, 2001.

1. BaroqueBass

BaroqueBass

Jul 8, 2000
    Salem, OR
    I don't know if it exists already, but there should be a Fieldy FAQ on Talkbass, such that when anybody asks ANY fieldy question, we just say "Look at the FAQ, it's all there."

For example:

How does he get that clicking sound?
    What gauge strings does he use?
    Where can I get shoes like him?

etc etc..

it might make room for more intelligent conversation in the forum.. perhaps...

maybe??

right?

2. ok..
    first set of Fieldie questions :

Q: did you ever consider taking classes, so you can learn how to play a bass ?
    A: uhr ? school ?? whuzzat ?

3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

It would head some potential threads off at the pass, but it sure would be a lot less fun around here.

It could get pretty large, too. I was warned Fieldy's hip-hop album on Epic is due out July 3 and he rhymes, playes bass, guitar, and keyboards on it.
    I wonder how you get keyboards to go "click"?

For better or worse, the guy is having more of an impact on a generation of electric bassists than a lot of Berklee grads. ;)

4. furtim

furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    Fieldy? Hip-hop? Fieldy Hip-hop? GOOD GOD, RUN!

That's it. The last straw. I'm moving to Antarctica, or something, before the Americas are swallowed by the earth in terrible vengeance. If you thought Gaia was pissed about the Exxon Valdez, well, that don't hold a frickin' candle to how pissed off she'll be about a million clicky-boomy sounds ringing out across this nation... May God spare the good ones.

SanDiegoHarry likes this.
  5. For the love of God! If a self respecting bassist will care about him self and the country, somebody will tie Fieldy down to a couch and make him listen to a Jaco album!!

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    LMAO

7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Plug it into a powerful amp turned all the way up, turn it off and on. :D

8. liran

liran

Dec 18, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I wonder who made the notion of korn being part hip hop, there is no element of any hip hop in their music. I mean i don't know how anyone could come up with that distinction. I'm not saying I'm a fan or anything, but im just saying there is no element of hip hop in the music as I can see.

9. Do I have to wear adidas sneakers to play like him?

10. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
  11. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I tHiNk ThAt A pArT oF ThE fAq ShOuLd Be TeAcHiNg AnY aNd AlL fIeLdY wAnNaBeEz To FoRmAt AlL oF tHeIr PoStS iN tHiS mAnNeR. tAlKbAsS wOuLd Be A mUcH cOoLeR pLaCe If ThAt HaPpEnEd, 'CaUsE tHeN yOu'D bE aBlE tO TeLl RiGhT aWaY WhO tHe FiElDy FaNz WeRe AnD yOu CoUlD tHeN dEcIdE tO eItHeR aVoId ThEm EnTiReLy, Or SeNd ThEm AlL yUr TaBz.

12. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    and with that witty and timely response, this is off to miscellaneous where it belongs. BW needs more fieldy threads - er FiElDy ThReAdZ.

13. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    HEY CHRIS THATZ FUNY BUT U DINT SA Y NETHING ABOT HOW 2 MKE UR POSTZ IL LEGGIBL SO TAT THY GIV EVRE1 A HEDACH AND THY SHUD RANT ON ND N BOT NOTTIN 4 AGEZ WITOUT NE PUNTUATEUN OR NEFINK I FINK THT WUD RAWK LIK FIELDY SO I FINK IT IZ A GUD IDEEA DONT U ALL FINK EVRE1?

14. well, there's currently an active thread asking whether fieldy is left handed, that can go in the FAQ, along with my question: if fieldy TRIED to play left-handed, would he sound worse? :eek:

15. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    eVeNthOUgHiTmIGhTBeaCOnTRaDIcTioNiNTeRMs,ApOStLiKeThIsShOuLdBeInThE"bAsSiStS"fOruM.

WhAt?CaSsGetsAlLtHeCoOlBaSsiSttHreAdsAndIgEtTheCrApPyOneS?

16. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Thanks, BW. I am hipmotized again:eek:

Need to put a bell on or something to let us know your coming into a thread;)

17. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    ThAt'S nIcE wIlL, bUt YoU dOn'T qUiTe HavE iT rIgHt YeT. In OrDeR tO Be As CoOl As FiElDy, YoU hAvE tO aLtErNaTe BeTwEeN lOwErCaSe LeTtErS aNd CaPs.

tAb RuLeZ! rOcK oN, dUdE.

18. Lovebown

Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Sweden
    Sorry guys, but you're not funny :(

/lovebown

19. I think they're funny.

20. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    tOoMuChwoRk.IcOmPeNsAtEByNotLeAViNGaNySPaCeBeTwEentHeWoRdsaNdWeAriNgFubUs.