Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Final Poll!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Skerik1, Dec 20, 2002.

1. EMG!!!

14 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Bartolini!!!

16 vote(s)
    38.1%
  3. They both are TERRIBLE pickups--I'll stick with the stock pickups!!!

12 vote(s)
    28.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skerik1

Skerik1

Sep 21, 2002
    Saint Paul, MN
    Which do you prefur?? Not talking about pre-amps and whatnot, but just bare-bones pickups--which is better?

EMG?

or

Bartolini?

2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Well, I didn't do the poll, but while I tend to prefer EMG over Bartolini, they're both OK. Whether or not I would prefer the stock pickups would depend on the bass. I like Fender pickups on Fender basses, generally. If I had a Dean that came with EMG-Hz pups, and I wanted to replace them (I had a Dean once and thought the pups were fine, though), I'd prolly go with EMG's of the same size. If I had a bass with really crappy pups and I had to choose between EMG and Bartolini, I'd pick EMG.

3. Bonafide

Bonafide

Oct 15, 2002
    As a professional, I would pick Seymour Duncan /Basslines over either. Barts and EMG's are good pickups but would never be my preference. I prefer my tone as organic and natural as possible. Duncans let your instruments tone come out, as opposed to coloring it. Both Barts and EMG's have a distinct color in my experience. YMMV.

4. zyxwfish

zyxwfish

Dec 12, 2002
    Bethlehem, PA
    As retarded as this might sound I've tried Bartolini next to mighty might pickups, cort's active pickup, both in the same cort bass. Mighty mights just might be the best active pickups I've ever heard. Cort basses suck but there version of an active pickup retains the most natural sound of a bass than any other active pickup i've tried.

5. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I'm all about AERO pickups!!!!!!!!

6. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    I'll stick with the original Fender MIA P pickup.

7. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    I like Barts the best. They sound wonderful in the Lakland basses. IMO, the Barts that I've tried sounded like a mix between a stingray and a fender jazz. I've tried a spector with EMG active pickups (not sure of the exact model, I know it was a 4 string made in Europe....it had a P/J pickup configuration.) I was not impressed at all with the tone. I thought it was very flat and lacked punch IMO.

8. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I think Aeros are the best!

9. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I just got turned on to the Lindy Fralins in a new Lakland Skyline Jazz. They sound great passive or active.

Also read good comments on Aero pick ups, but haven't actually heard them yet. Still trying to find a bass with them installed in order to check them out.

10. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    Aero Instrument

11. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Your an idiot.... i mean,,, that in a nice way? and it's "Mighty-Mite". and, everyone knows, they SUCK, their for mass produced garbage. it's just a FACT that they are horrible. i mean, i don't have to say "IMO" Becuase it is a fact... come on,,, right guys? who the HELL likes mighty-crap pickups?

12. Okay, that's enough. Too much has been said, and all of it rude. Thread closed.

Rock on
    Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.