Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Final Theory!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dave Grossman, Aug 7, 2005.

1. The Final Theory: Rethinking our Scientific Legacy
    http://www.thefinaltheory.com/

Wow! This is incredible. I find myself rethinking all of my past conceptions of the universe. Not since the Time Cube have I ever found anything this enlightening!

- Dave

2. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    lol.

my sig is from something that guy said...

anyway, his arguments against newtonian gravity and fridge magnets are crap!

in orbit, the displacement of the earth, say, is perpindicular to the force of gravitational attraction provided by the sun.

the amount of work done?

dW = F*ds*cos(theta), where F is the force due to gravity, ds is an increment in displacement, and theta is the angle between the two vectors.

and cosine of 90 degrees is...what?

zero.

the work done by gravity on a planet in orbit is zero. so there needn't be any sort of power source!

and magnetic fields don't do any work. simple as that. (i haven't read griffith's intro to electrodynamics, so i can't flesh out my argument. then again, science is crap, anyway, right? :p )

that book is more of an exercise in elementary debunking than anything else.

3. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    the umm...that time cube stuff...

that's...that's special. :confused:

4. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
  5. Yeah, that's how I found the site. :)

- Dave

6. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    oh, man! i never saw that!

yeah, i found a link to the guy's webpage in a thread on physicsforums, just not that one.

i'm going to have read that whole thing. :hyper:

7. hmmm......

maybe they should focus on something helpful.

once we finally understand the universe, we're going to feel like we've wasted alot of time.

8. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    mccutcheon won't be leading the way--that's certain. :D

9. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    disappointing. the thread gets hi-jacked pretty early on, and the author (it can only be presumed) only has a few posts. :(

hurkyl did a great job at giving accessible solutions provided by that impossible modern science! :hyper:

10. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY

But that's the part I'm talking about. Within the first page, pretty much all of the Final Theory is competently refuted. For those of us who are somewhat physics impared, its nice to see the 'theory' ripped apart very quickly.

While working at a large university, I've still never taken a physics class, beyond a bit of quantum physics I've covered in some technology related classes.