The first pedal you'd take of from your pedalboard

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by steak'n'roll, Nov 7, 2005.

1. What would be the first pedal you actually have on your pedalboard (or in your closet) you'd throw away if someone asked you to do so?

In other words, which pedal is the less usefull in your set-up?

I'd say Boss AW-3, i keep it only with the hope of getting a decent sound out of it (which has never occured)

And you?
  2. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    prbly one of the 3 dist/od pedals or maybe the phase.
  3. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    I have this EHX ring mod I keep only because I love it. But I don't use it in my board.

For one on my actual board, I think it would be the Big Muff. In fact I think it will go very soon... But it's too cheap to be interesting to sell.
  4. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI

I've recently dialed-up an even-better sound from my CEB-3; beautiful chorus; I love sound.

...But when I'm actually playing-out with the band ('actually making money with my bass', that is..), I have to check the LED indicator every time to be able to tell if it's on - unless I'm running an extra-devistating fuzz sound (the fuzz is before the chorus), a tone which also isn't used with a band, to speak-of.

Chorus just seems to get lost in a normal rock band situation.

5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I guess I'd take a delay off. I have several, so I think I'd survive without one!
  6. What pedal is it exactly?
  7. In fact, I'd easylly get rid of my digidelay. I use it only to fool around with the sampling mode (that's when i'm alone 'cose my bandmates don't like hearing the same 4 seconds loop for 10 minutes!! :smug: )
  8. On my board is a wah and a Muff.

I'd loose the wah first, as it's the least useful.
  9. ritterbass

Oct 17, 2005
    I recently fired the marshall govnor 2, boss odb3, and digitech synth wah...I wont be missing them i dont think.
  10. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    The Ring Mod is a vintage Frequency Analyzer I fixed some months ago, I got it for not much money, and can't buy it. I tried, I didn't managed to let it go...

If you speak of the Muff, it's a russian version, heavily modded.
  11. nemo

Mar 19, 2004
    Chorus here too. Already put it out on advert.

Unless.... the 80's new wave hits back again :eek:
  12. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Ring mod. Just too weird for what im doing right now.
  13. Really absurd thread but I try ;)
    The first one to go would be digidelay (it`s 2nd delay) or intelliphase.
  14. Is there ANY situation where a ring mod is not too weird :eyebrow: ?
  15. DemoEtc

Aug 18, 2004
    Mine's a guitar pedal board: First to go would be the Phase 100, then the old purple BOSS flanger.

The board wouldn't get any lighter though. The phaser and flanger would be replaced with probably a compressor and a digital delay line.
  16. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

The TC SCF. Trully awesome but I honestly don't need it that much. I don't think I would miss it.
  17. What is that pedal?
  18. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I recently acquired a Russian Bassballs. It's not the envelope filter that I thought it would be. I might sell it for cheap one of these days.
  19. the dunlop 105q b/c i never find a use for it.