1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The First Song is Essentially Done

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Marial, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    I told myself I was going to keep a lid on my project until it was done, but I'm just too stoked. I've had a bucket list item for years, to record an album of my own tunes, and this is the first song I've completed. It only took six months or more, the last three of which were taken up by a clarinetist who kept cancelling on me. I was referred to another one who just flat nailed what I was going for. He's going to get a lot more work. Anyhow, this is a very, very, rough mix. No edits, just basic panning and volume. Hope some folks like it, but for me, to just get something done to this point, is a huge achievement, especially as a dad with a pretty demanding day job and very little spare time.

One thing I will say, regardless of anything else, is I am amazed my Avantone's ribbon mic (thank you Gaolee for turning me on to them). For a relatively cheap microphone I have been consistently, and pleasantly, surprised by how good it makes things sound.

Anyhow, here it is.

2. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Sounds great already, well done!

Marial likes this.
  3. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    Thanks!!!! :bassist: