the flat, metal pickup covering on fender vintage basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by theremizzle, May 15, 2005.

1. theremizzle

theremizzle

May 15, 2005
    mmkay fellas, I just completed my new p-bass. Its great, its got a nice oak, natural wood finish, weights about 6 pounds (its solid oak), basically I love everything about what I have created. I have a sort of beach-ish motif on it, vintage beach. The nice sandy color of the oak blended with styleized chrome and abalone knobs and inlays. I stand back, look at it, and think "Goddamn, I know what this needs". If you go to fender.com, you can see what I'm talking about. Look at the vintage basses, the p-basses, and there is some sort of covering over the pickups. I need one of those. Can one of you fellas lend me the name of that little piece of hardware? Where I can get one? They look so slick. By the way, my aim screenname is totungkinder, if any of you guys want to view some pictures of my bass. Just a happy guy showing off his work. The pics dont include the abalone knobs or inlays, those are more recent.

Also, if any of you guys want a semi-affordable custom body for your bass, I may be able to be of service. No necks, although I will shape your peghead if you provide shipping.

2. they are called ashtrays, or pickup/bridge covers. you can get them many places nowadays. www.basspartsresource.com is where i got mine.

3. theremizzle

theremizzle

May 15, 2005
    gnarly! perfect, thats exactly it. Both you guys have a great day, cuz I am now.

4. ha. yea, they are pretty sweet. on one of my p-basses, i glued some felt under the bridge cover ala jamerson. it sounded pretty awesome.