1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

the flat, metal pickup covering on fender vintage basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by theremizzle, May 15, 2005.

  1. theremizzle


    May 15, 2005
    mmkay fellas, I just completed my new p-bass. Its great, its got a nice oak, natural wood finish, weights about 6 pounds (its solid oak), basically I love everything about what I have created. I have a sort of beach-ish motif on it, vintage beach. The nice sandy color of the oak blended with styleized chrome and abalone knobs and inlays. I stand back, look at it, and think "Goddamn, I know what this needs". If you go to fender.com, you can see what I'm talking about. Look at the vintage basses, the p-basses, and there is some sort of covering over the pickups. I need one of those. Can one of you fellas lend me the name of that little piece of hardware? Where I can get one? They look so slick. By the way, my aim screenname is totungkinder, if any of you guys want to view some pictures of my bass. Just a happy guy showing off his work. The pics dont include the abalone knobs or inlays, those are more recent.

    Also, if any of you guys want a semi-affordable custom body for your bass, I may be able to be of service. No necks, although I will shape your peghead if you provide shipping.
  2. they are called ashtrays, or pickup/bridge covers. you can get them many places nowadays. www.basspartsresource.com is where i got mine.
  3. theremizzle


    May 15, 2005
    gnarly! perfect, thats exactly it. Both you guys have a great day, cuz I am now.
  4. ha. yea, they are pretty sweet. on one of my p-basses, i glued some felt under the bridge cover ala jamerson. it sounded pretty awesome.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.