The Fodera "career maker"

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wilbyman, May 8, 2005.

1. Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Don't get me wrong, I love the florid descriptions of basses at both and I also appreciate that both dealers put the extra effort into their site, giving all the instruments a personal touch. I think all high end dealers should do gives the player some insight into the knowledge and expertise of the dealer as well.

I admit though, I had to laugh at this description on The Groove Shoppe's site of a Fodera Garrison 5:

"This instrument has seen a lot of action around the world and there are a few dings to confirm this. Regardless of that fact this bass in the right hands will be a career maker! Pease feel free to contact us with further questions and for additional photos."

So, is it true that some instruments in the (right hands, whatever that means?) are "career makers?" Did any pros here need to find "the right instrument" for their "right hands" to make their career happen?

Just food for thought.
  2. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Looking at the price of Foderas and other high end basses, I think a more apt description would be the "divorce maker". :D
  3. nastyn8c

Feb 7, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    Yeah, but almost any bass in the right hands will be a career maker. It just depends on how right the hands are....
  4. Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Maybe it's a chain reaction, like this pie in the sky one.

Bass is so awesome that it motivates person to constantly play even if s/he has no time.

Person gets really good and decides to get off his/her duff and go about finding musicians and getting a band going instead of just sitting around longing for people to play with.

Bassist's skill due to practice and anxiety due to wanting to wow the audience with awesome bass leads to band's stellar performance, a fan following, and more stellar performances.

Word gets out that this band is hot and an A&R guy visits the show and offers the band a deal.

Band gets rich, famous, yadda yadda yadda.

And all because the bassist bought an awesomely inspiring bass.