1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Founding Fathers of

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Old P Bass Guy, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Old P Bass Guy

Old P Bass Guy

Nov 26, 2017
    Arizona
    Chilli Pepper style bands.....for all the whippersnappers here on TB. :thumbsup::smug:

2. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    No disrespect intended to Frank and company, but I disagree. RHCP's two biggest influences, IMO, were P Funk (who clearly influenced this song, right?) and Gang of Four with their funk/noisy guitar combo.

murphy, jerry, Helix and 3 others like this.
  3. Lagado

Lagado

Jan 6, 2020
    Fishbone never got the credit they deserved, the first Chilli Peppers album has a Fishbone sample on it.

4. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Love Fishbone. The sample, though, was on Mother’s Milk, the Chilis’ fourth.

DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  5. Lagado

Lagado

Jan 6, 2020
    That was their fourth album? To be honest I wouldn't know, I heard Mother's Milk but as soon as I got Truth and Soul by Fishbone, I lost interest in the Chilli Peppers pretty much straight away, it seemed like a pale imitation. I can't even be bothered to spell their name correctly.

6. Old P Bass Guy

Old P Bass Guy

Nov 26, 2017
    Arizona
    What I learned today....Fishbone!

GregC likes this.
  7. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    "Chili Pepper style bands" isn't a thing.
    They are also old as hell now, so your reference for "whippersnappers" is laughable.

8. Old P Bass Guy

Old P Bass Guy

Nov 26, 2017
    Arizona
    Well, at least I made someone smile today..even if it was a sarcastic smile!:)

9. Old P Bass Guy

Old P Bass Guy

Nov 26, 2017
    Arizona
    Ok Whippersnapper, I've had my nap and a little soup for lunch. My granddaughter wheeled me over to my camputer and look what I found in Wickopedia.

Zappa and the Mothers of Invention started in 1964.
    The Red Hot Chili Peppers 1983.

Frank Zappa born 1940
    Klinghoffer, 1979
    Flea. 1962
    Kiechs. . 1962

Klinghoffer not yet born when Zappa started. Flea and Kiechs barely potty trained and eating big boy food.. any more questions?

Your welcome!
    OPB Guy, aka The Relic

ak56 and mikewalker like this.
  10. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Gene Krupa was born in 1909, before Frank Zappa, so, logically, he must be the inventor of Chili Pepper style bands.

;) :D

FilterFunk, GregC and mikewalker like this.
  11. jerry

jerry Too old for a hiptrip Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    P-Funk/Funkadelic were wearing diapers on stage more than a decade before Chili Peppers wore "socks". I agree with Fishbone and I'll throw Bad Brains in the mix too.

12. Old P Bass Guy

Old P Bass Guy

Nov 26, 2017
    Arizona
    I was just following up with your comment "They are also old as hell now, so your reference for "whippersnappers" is laughable". You get the closing arguments

DiabolusInMusic likes this.