Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

the foxy grandpas cd is complete

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Stupidnick, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    well.. today i finished the first foxy grandpas cd.
    It will go on sale sometime in september on my site and maybe a couple of other places.
    I got the list of songs
    ---------------------

THE Disembowled Ashes of Jerry Garcia LP-
    1.britney spears is the best death metal singer
    2. smalltown crackhead
    3.everytime( i get dumped)
    4.foxy grandpa blues
    5. ballad of gg allin
    6. grandpa stomp
    7. bass solo(jaco tribute)
    8. ska jam
    9. manufacture band
    10. be like your mom
    11. mr coffee(covor)
    12. mtv sucks
    13. progocore
    14. ambients
    15. taking doofi to the zoo(and gilbert gahfree too)
    16. sad and stupid
    17.fight song
    18. truck fall(the large marge story)

oh well.. i have a few mp3s up on my site but thats all im giving out.. the cd is only gonna be 5 bucks and will go on sale in early september..
    Its taken me 5 months to record the whole thing.. even before it became "the foxy grandpas" i was recording.. so.. since about march actually. Ive produced it myself and tried to get the best sound i could possibly get out of my 4 track *gah im poor*.

2. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    I hope you spelled Gilbert Gottfried's name wrong on purpose...

3. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    I spelled it wrong. for sheer stupiditys sake..
    and so i wouldn't get sued.. and maybe he would be stupid enough to see it might be a different gilbert. i dunno.. lol..*grin*
    well.. its about the guy down the street from me..
    his name is gilbert gahfree and he spells his name like that in the phone book.. and thats who i was talking about.. not the actor.
    As far as Gilbert Gottfried the actor.. now hes annoying as hell too.. i should write a song about him.. called "lets cage Gottfried" or something.. lol or.. "Gilbert Got Fried" lol.. anyway yeah
    The album is just plain messy hardcore sludge punk. Kinda like the circle jerks and black flag with a hammond b-3 in a couple songs lol.. and a couple different styles of instrumentals and a couple bass solos...
    I played all the instruments.. but.. im not that good at the hammond so much .. so. my dad is.. lol cause well ..he bought it anyway.. on future foxy grandpa stuff there is gonna be a different direction.
    someday ;X

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I think if he was worried about getting sued, he'd have a different album name. Congrats man.

5. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Sounds like a pretty prestigious album.

6. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Rock on. Hey, I haven't made my own cd yet. How about some props for taking the time and effort to make his own CD by himself?

7. razorbakc

razorbakc

Feb 3, 2002
    Is the taking dufus to the zoo a DM cover? If it is you gotta put that one up on mp3, got to hear it.

8. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    hey man... wow someone likes our stuff =D
    well yes its the dead milkmen covor.. kinda dumbed down version of it..
    i did the first cut of it.. and i couldn't remember the lyrics to half of it so i improvised by talking about my neighbor.. lol
    and making funny dufus laughs.. and i thought "oh god this will be complete sh**" and i listened to it.. and i never have laughed that hard at a song.. so i was like ..yeah! lol thats it.. a messed up.. very messy very missing alot of words of the song... lol missing the chorus cueing in at the wrong time.. yeah that typa crap!

ill put it up 2moro morning sometime but im fixin to go get sleep =D
    its actually though... taking doofi to the zoo and gilbert gahfree too... which means... not only am i taking a dufus.. but im taking an equivalent to a dufus.. gibert gahfree.. my neighbor.. to the zoo too!

THanks for the props andy ;) yah sexy biotch

9. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
  10. Hilikus

Hilikus

Jul 29, 2002
    Wales UK
    THE Disembowled Ashes of Jerry Garcia LP-
    1.britney spears is the best death metal singer
    2. smalltown crackhead
    3.everytime( i get dumped)
    4.foxy grandpa blues
    5. ballad of gg allin
    6. grandpa stomp
    7. bass solo(jaco tribute)
    8. ska jam
    9. manufacture band
    10. be like your mom
    11. mr coffee(covor)
    12. mtv sucks
    13. progocore
    14. ambients
    15. taking doofi to the zoo(and gilbert gahfree too)
    16. sad and stupid
    17.fight song
    18. truck fall(the large marge story)

Sounds like a LessthanJake Songlist:p

11. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    hey you gave me an idea man!
    yeah thank you!
    I can tell people im selling cds by there favorite pop bands.. and sell little kids.. foxy grandpa cds for 5 bucks.. something like..
    "nsync live in outerspace for 6.50"
    and.. i would make millions...
    and people would actually here music*I use the term loosly*.. than.. crap..lol
    at first i was gonna say ltj.. but i like them and nsync seemed funnier..
    hmmm i wonder if lance bass wants to fight me... for the position in outerspace.. i could bring my girl up there..
    'member in outspace noone can hear... anything :D :D :D :D