The fretted companion arrives!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FretNoMore, Jun 12, 2003.

1. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    My lonesome Overwater fretless just got a buddy! Two quick pics, need to rush back from lunch. :)
    Hope to use the bass at rehearsal tonight, sound review after that.
    I am, 'how you say', stoked?

2. Them's pretty! I mean really pretty!
  3. Donkeybass

May 13, 2003
    Odessa, TX
    man I really like that look of the two same, but different basses. Kind of gives them a "family" sort of look about them.

"Mom, billy wont stop touching my neck!"
    "Its just because he's never seen frets before. And don't be cruel billy, you fretless boys are always the worst!"
  4. Anders: Those are beauties - we don't often see the Overwater name here over the water (;) bad pun, sorry). From his website, it looks like Chris May has quite the reputation in the UK and the rest of Europe. :cool:

How / when did you hear of them? Do you order direct or is there a Nordic region dealer?
  5. hieronymous

Nov 28, 2002
    Northern CA
    Yeah man, those look sweet. What kind of pickups/preamp?
  6. Oj. Grattis, igen! ;)
    I like both, but that sunburst one might be one of the nicest looking ones in your entire collection. And that says something for all those who's followed the link in your profile.

7. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Thanks guys for the compliments, I'll pass it on the luthiers, they deserve it!

BIg O; yes, Overwater have some quite distinguished bass players as customers, not only amateurs like me. :) I found out about them mainly by searching the Internet for custom jazz style basses, and then chose them out of a couple of companies. There is no Nordic representative, I ordered direct from the U.K.

hieronymous; both basses have Overwaters own brand pickups and John East's J-Retro preamp. They sound similar, but different, I guess fretless vs. fretted is the main thing, but they also have different body woods, ash vs. tulip wood.