the funniest bass show

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MikeTheBassist, Aug 22, 2002.

1. on saturday night live i saw spinal tap and the bassist was using a double neck bass, the guitarist ws playing bass, and the singer was playing bass also, and they has a bass syniseser how ever u spell that. i have to say it was pretty good and it sounded like a real song. did anyone else see this?
  2. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    You would be talking about the song "Big Bottom". Derek plays a pretty awesome groove on that song.
  3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    also, the drummer was playing Bass Drum :D
  4. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
  5. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    the lyrics are great!
  6. who really recored the ablume .did the actors really play every thing.i know the bass player still plays he has a deal with swr.and i knwo the singer plays guiatar in other movies.
  7. pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    monday was my lucky bun-day.....
  8. Oh such a classic!

Actually I saw this one on one of them SNL specials (VH1, US?) and it was all LMAO!

As the singer (don't recall the name) was introducing everyone I was going like WTH?

bass... bass... bass synthesizer (correct spelling, awright!)... lead bass!... what the...???????

The whole thing was so funny... looked like they were mocking heavy metal's obsession with guitar armies!(The whole macho swinging guitar posing stuff)

&$% brilliant!!!
  9. thats exactly what i was talking about thank u!!!
  10. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Talk about mud flaps, my girl's got 'em. :cool:
  11. I saw Spinal Tap for the first time yesterday. I was screaming of laugter in some of the scenes, my sister was watching it with me and thought there was something wrong with me. :D

"This is D minor, the saddest of all keys. People hear this and weap instantly."

"Hear the sustain on this *waaaaaa*. You can go and have a bite and it'll still be like *waaaaa*."

And my favorite:

"I get alot of freedom to express myself in my solos..."
    *Nigel on stage with guitar doing a solo*
    *Nigel kicking a guitar in a stand on the stage*
    *Nigel picking up a violin and strumming the guitar with it*

12. The bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushin'...:D :D
  13. talk about mudflaps, my girls got `em