Submission The Gates of Delirium - Yes

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by 905, Jul 21, 2020.

1. 905

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway

There's a ton of things to say about this song and about this transcription (which isn't perfect, by a long shot). For instance, I'll admit right away I cheaped out bigly at the very end of the battle section. Or you could say that each part of that same battle section follows the same pattern of ABBB| ABAA| BBBB| which helps relate them to one another despite changing keys back and forth.

But ultimately, I'll just say this:
    I will at some point in the future proofread the transcription and update this thread, but it's a really long song and you probably shouldn't hold your breath.
    In the meantime, please enjoy, and any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. rtav

rtav Millionaire Stuntman, Half-Jackalope

Dec 12, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Wow!

Excellent!!!

Thank you for posting!

905 likes this.
  3. 905

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    It's nearly been a year. What's new is the following:

I added a filler page at the start, mainly so the later battle section would have 2x2 pages facing each other.
    I expanded the "Soon" part greatly. I'm not 100% sure about all the chords at the very end.

And that's about it. I'm confident that most of the song was transcribed correctly the first time around (or I wouldn't have posted it), and I'm not planning to update it any more for minor details.

I was unable to edit the first post at all, so you get to see the thread again.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
    LeeNunn, Bob_Ross and MrLenny1 like this.
  4. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    I transcribed "Soon" for use as the wedding march when I got married 19 years ago, lemme look around in my files and see if I still have that chart.

5. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    @905 Okay, not sure how far back your "not 100% sure" goes, but 2 measures before section KK I have a G minor instead of your C minor. And then 5 measures from the very end I have an Ab minor rather than the Ab major you have.
    Otherwise all the same. And since it's been nearly 20 years since I did my transcription, I can't swear that I'm 100% sure either!
    But it looks like you did an awesome job transcribing Chris' bass parts, I'm really looking forward to reading through the whole piece.

905 likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021