Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Geezer Rig is in!!! My first impressions of the Bag End S15-D cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cb56, Sep 21, 2001.

1. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Just in case you haven't seen my previous comments the Geezer Rig is designed to go easy on my back yet still be loud and sound great.
    Hartke 7000.........40lbs
    Bag end S15-d.....44lbs
    Bag end S15-d.....44lbs
    Carvin 210 wedge...47lbs

First Impression was I couldn't believe how small these cabs were. (a good thing) Then I plugged everything in. I was used to 410's over a 1 18 cab. I couldn't believe the presence and definition the Bag ends had. I had heard that they had great low end and they did, but they had as much definition as my Ampeg 410 cab. I expected them to be a little muddy. NOT! when I added my carvin 210 wedge to the rig it was just that much better. 700 watts into two 15's and two 10's. Now I was able to make the bag end speakers fart when I cranked the Hartke amp and wanged on the low B string real hard but that is not something I normally do. I am very happy with my purchase.

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Congrats!

I'm hoping to pick up the first of my planned pair of S15-Ds in the next week, so your report is welcome.

3. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    you are probably right. I normally use a compressor and I wasn't at the time. The Hartke doesn'thave a clip or overload light for the pre amp and I'm wonder if I didn't overload the pre amp.