The Gene Simmons Punisher

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Blazer, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    Who has one and can supply with advice on those?

I'm thinking of ordering one, a natural finished one.
  2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Is that the one Gene'll have made for you if you send him $3,000?
  3. If it is, I hear that a dealer can get it for you for 1500$. Gene just charges more if you order it from him.
  4. No they wernt chargeing 3000.00 for that one. They were chargeing 3000.00 for his axe bass... I seen the punisher go for about a1000.00 on ebay this is the first one i seen in natural finish.. What are they asking for this one???
  5. rockdoc11

Sep 2, 2000
    If memory serves, previous Gene Simmons basses have been notoriously hard to get parts for later on.

(Plus they have a tendency to look pretty silly pretty quickly, at least IMO).

6. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    That one looks pretty cool but Ill wait to make a jusgement when I see the headstock.
  7. cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    I've got one of the black ones and there are good and bad points...

It has a great 'growl', with EMGs and a Schaller bridge. It also has excellent access to the top frets and looks superb! :D

The neck dives badly (no matter what Gene says...) and it is overly priced. Time to stop lining Gene's pockets people.... and this is coming from a HUGE Kiss fan! :bag:

Pick a used one up from eBay or the like and don't pay more than $1000. It is a great bass within it's genre but it is not 'custom' - it is factory built by Fernandes I believe.

Good luck! :bassist: