Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Genz Benze 2x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chris griffiths, Oct 14, 2002.

1. chris griffiths

chris griffiths

Aug 20, 2002
    nashville tn
    Endorsing artist: Gallien Krueger
    For all of those looking for a light medium sized bass combo amp Genz benze makes a slant back 200 watt 2x10 amplifier. I just got mine and gigged with it friday and was so impressed and happy with it that I wanted to suggest it to everyone. It has a nice clean tone and you don't have to turn it up really loud to have a big sound. I could match the band perfectly and when i pluck my low B it's an actual note and not just a Boom (although you can make it that way if you want) It's the best amp I own. So I just wanted to give it my recommendation if anyones been looking for a combo

2. RobOtto

RobOtto

Aug 15, 2002
    Denton, TX
    Out of curiosity Chris, what brand speakers are in your 2X10 cab and did you buy it new?

I have a an older Genz Benz 2X10, a BX, and I am trying to decide what cones to put in it. The ones I got with the cab have got to be guitar cones because they are Carvins and just don't get it done. I'm leaning toward eminence cones, but your input could influence that.

3. Dagger

Dagger

Aug 2, 2002
    North Carolina
    Hey Chris:
    I just bought the Genz Benz Intro 50-112 last week for practicing at home. I think it's the best small combo in it's class also. The four band EQ really can vary the tone to your preference and satisfaction. One day I hope to have one of the ML 200 Series combos, but I just don't need it right now. Have a goodun'.

4. chris griffiths

chris griffiths

Aug 20, 2002
    nashville tn
    Endorsing artist: Gallien Krueger
    i bought mine new. I'm pretty sure those are eminence. when I go to the practice space next week I'll check it again just to make sure. their definitley not carvin speakers so you should replace them

5. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    Genz uses eminence speakers with the bass cabinets. Same manifacture that makes Epifani's speakers. I have a 2x10 XB and am about to get a 1x18 with a 600watt JBL. I should be able to enduce labor with that thing.

6. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    i remember ikickuintheballs is selling his 2x12 Genz