Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The giants are making me nervous..........

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by IvanMike, Oct 10, 2004.

1. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    Wow, who'd a thunk it? We beat the cowboys in their own house while they had the tuna on their side. Things are going too well this season............I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. :eyebrow:

2. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    There is no shoe.....There is no shoe....

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I'm really not into football but what's with the JETS 4-0-0 record?!?!?!?!? :confused:

4. IvanMike

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    pretty insane huh?
    i'm pretty much only into the nfl, and that after 24 years of not caring about any sports. It's odd that the 3 local teams (pats, jets, giants) are all doing so well...............

5. yeah, uh...

go lions.

robb.

6. Joey Harrington, U of O alumni. Go Ducks!!

But my money WAS on Seattle, till yesterday. 24 to 7, then loose in OT. Dear God, what happened? Somebody go to sleep on the field?

Rock on
    Eric:ninja:

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

Ray Rhodes doesn't trust his D. He went into total prevent mode, thinking he could protect a 24-10 lead. Martz figured Rhodes out, and whipped his butt. That's what Rhodes gets for playing scared.

-Mike

8. you are correct, sir. it was very frustrating to watch.

but at least the lions won. against atlanta. on the road. winning the games they can and should, which is new for detroit.

before the season began, i predicted the lions would go 9-7 with a playoff berth out the weak NFC north. i'm just sayin'.

robb.

9. Weak NFC north? Have you ever heard of a team called the Vikings? :D

10. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    nino, nino, nino...

you need a good tailgate. :smug:

uhh, or the Eagles? McNabb to TO, McNabb to TO, McNabb to... you get the idea. ;)

11. IvanMike

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    boy, how about green bay tonight????? :rolleyes:

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    dude....the eagles are still in the NFC East.

-Mike

13. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    d'oh! brain fart.

:rolleyes:

14. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    other than Farve's own brain farts, and a defensive line that gave up two touchdowns in less than 5 min. of play, its pretty obvious they need a real running back. ahman green with 10 carries and 33 yards? *** is that?

15. there's only so much running you can (or should) do when you're way behind and brett favre is your quarterback. 27 points is a respectable tally. allowing tennessee to put up 48 points on you is going to give a good whipping in the metrodome.

to defend my "weak NFC north" comment, the vikings are a pretty good team, but if you compare them to detroit in terms of common opponents, you'll see that they appear to be pretty even. we won't know anything until they actually play each other. but when your two best teams are (a) detroit and (b) a team that appears to be fairly equivalent, or at least not clearly better in many ways, the division can be said to be weak. be realistic.

i mean, i'm a lions fan and all. i optimistically predicted them to go to the playoffs. but compare them to philly or new england, or even seattle, and they don't compete. i think they'll lose their hypothetical playoff game.

robb.

16. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    So here I am a huge giant fan and I am playing the Detroit Bass Fest on Oct 24th - think it's a godd idea to wear my Giants hat in Detroit on the 24th. Think I'll make it to the gig if the game is still on? - Go Gints!

17. Is that some sort of disgusting euphemism?

Rock on
    Eric

18. that's great, but who are the Gints?

robb.

19. heh heh heh, chefs...

20. I turned on the game at 8:30 and they were down 14. Less than a quarter.

They're just lulling the league into a sense of complacency- then they'll come out like gangbusters.

Maybe... :(