The girl can't help it.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lucas vigor, Jan 31, 2005.

1. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Banned

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,
    I was watching this 1956 rock and roll movie the other day, and in it are lots of early rock and roll bands and R and B bands. The "treniers" was a vocal group, and behind them, the bassist had an odd looking bass. From a distance, and judging by the headstock, it might be an early gibson EB bass, but I am not looks like a cross between a Gibson EB-1 and a hofner beatle bass, but was made from brown stained mahogany...

has anyone seen the movie, and know what it is? 1956 was the year, and I thought there were not many electric basses on the market yet to choose from. What other basses were around in '56?
  2. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Though I can't remember the model number there is an old Gibson that matches that description. Felix P of Mountain used to play one.

3. "Not until the 1950s, when amplifiers were designed to handle the heavy sonic load of an electric bass, did Gibson introduce a production model bass. The company had been founded on the concept of a violin-style carved top, and the EB model solidbody electric bass of 1952 followed the violin motif more faithfully than any Gibson guitar in history. The solid mahogany body featured the elegant body lines of a violin, including C-waists, "rolled" edges and contoured top."

4. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Banned

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,
    Right on, superbassman!!!

That's her!
  5. wow, that looks so cool:)
  6. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    That is an awesome pic. I bet that would be pretty fun to play as well.