The glory days of TB are over!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Red Wonder, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm incredibly disappointed in this website.

This has fast become an incredibly irrelevant, impertinent website and the lack of meaningful dialogue is staggering.

I guess the glory days of TB are over.

Now if you'll excuse me I have actual relevant information to discuss with real bassists.

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Don't let the door hit ya where the Lord split ya.
  3. I have noticed a lack of some interesting banter, lately. I remember a great thread that was about the definition of an ERB, and it went on for days. Great posts, too. Lots of intelligent thought behind them. These days it seems to be,
    "Hey, look at this", and "Tell me what to buy" kind of things.

But in all honesty, I think that it's a pendulum kind of thing that will eventually swing back as more "bassists", (another wild and wooley thread subject), join up. The thing to remember is that as more people, (yes! bass players are people, too!!), come to TB, they'll invariably re-hash some old subjects that others here have seen numerous times. The search function is good, but doesn't always get used, and although it's old news to some, it's new and exciting to others! ("Wow! A fretted bass that you can turn into a fretless by a flip of a switch!!!")

Hate to see anyone go, but if you're not finding what you want, then move on. But come back again in the future; you just might see something good, or maybe bring something new back with you for us to talk about. Take care!:bassist:
  4. Tired_Thumb

Tired_Thumb Guest

Participate on an online trumpet forum for two years (shall go nameless), then come back here and tell me that there's no meaningful relevant discussion here.

5. LOL!:D
  6. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Relevant information like "Rush f)(*)(&*ng rules"? Yes, you're the one that posted that poignant gem.

Is it just me, or has there been a douchebag epidemic here the last few weeks?
  7. cheesewhiz:

I guess that, if that is his definition of "relevant information", there's little for anyone with any credibility to apologise for. Agreed?:D :D :D :D
  8. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    So, how long ago were the TB Glory Days? Did I miss something?
  9. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
  10. +1!
  11. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I believe it was our Australian friend, Mark Latimour, who suggested that anyone posting a "goodbye" thread, should be immediately banned, thereby forcing them to keep their promise.
    I'd like to say, that sounds like an excellent idea.
  12. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I blame Matt Till.
  13. Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    There's too many people here that listen to too much rock music.
  14. Well, if we're lucky, he's already moved on and we won't have to read any responses. Might as well close this thread...
  15. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    I find it extremely funny that someone who registered in 02/05 feels they can talk about this site and its "glory days".:D

Hopefully other disillusioned folk won't feel compelled to paint their asses red and try to be the center of attention when they leave. And if they feel the world needs to know they're leaving, at least have enough respect for their word and for us to stay good and gone.

If someone doesn't like the level of discourse, they should make an effort to try to elevate it. If they can't do it, it's their own fault, not the site's.

Ok, enough tomfoolery. Nothing to see here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.