1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Good News is...

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by caeman, Sep 27, 2009.

1. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    "...is your bass playing has really improved. But I think we should wait for you to become a little more familiar with the songbook before we have playing during service. We'll talk about this again in 2 months. Keep going to the alternate practices."

That is the word from the music leader at the synagogue. For the songs I know, I know them. For the songs I don't, I was having trouble keeping up.

At the jam session Saturday, they brought out a song that had chord changes mid-word. In one 4-bar section, like 6 different chord changes. My fingers weren't fast enough to keep up at the given tempo.

I am not depressed, though. I am happy that about the compliments of what I *HAVE* learned so far.

Yay! I just felt the need to share as I crawl along the path to being a bassist.

2. Cool. We all have to start somewhere. Just keep moving forward ...

3. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    I have a copy of every song in PDF. All 200 pages. Guh!

4. derekd

derekd

Feb 16, 2009
    KC
    Good attitude. Keep up the good work, and find some others to play with. Nothing will accellerate your skills like playing with others, even if it is not the same material. Good luck

5. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

Sounds like you have a good attitude. Keep it and you'll keep improving!

6. unbridled

unbridled

May 26, 2005
    Montana
    Endorsing Artist-Compton Compensated Custom Bridges (for Gretsch 6ers)
    Sounds like you both have a great outlook and are all working toward the same goal.

Great Job!