Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

the goths, the goths are budding!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bigfeet, Oct 8, 2002.

1. I swear it, at my college durring spring symester there were three goths... Myself and two friends, now there are tons of them like they all emerged over summer. Maybe the other two divided or something. :confused: I'm not complaining because I have many new goth girls to play with, who all incidently say they hate long distance relationships when I bring up Gia. And then stab eachother in the back as soon as they get a chance to talk to me alone. God, I'm confused. Has anyone else noticed goths showing up everywhere? I may have to find a new subculture to blindly follow if this becomes too popular. :rolleyes:

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I think the label "Goth" is a stupid and usless one, after trying to be a "Goth" for a year, i realized, go figure, i just liked the color black, so, i just got black clothes. but yeah, it's real dissapointing that a bunch of goths are showing, and yes your post,,, i mean,, the goth girls are confusing.

3. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    There's a bunch of trendwhore goths here who wear all black and act dumb, to be "different", of course.

4. Yee goths! No!

Don't ever post pics like that again or I shall smite you!!! :rolleyes:

5. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Blah, I find the whole idea of goths boring. In my neck of the woods, if you dress in black leather and such you either like heavy music or sacrifice small animals in the woods. Nothing in between.

If someone does that kind of face-painting wannabe-vampyring here, he's quickly stoned to death before he gets any chance of killing anyone in laughter :D

6. Dave Dave Dave. You have done some great work my friend, honestly, you have. But now I think your abusing the photoshop.

7. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    HEY DAVE!
    IS THAT FRANCIS!?! FROM PEEWEES BIG ADVENTURE?!?!
    *grins Grins* grins yet again.. sept.. goth grins...evil.. just like satan..*

Satan evil hell goat..cheese letus pickles tomatos on a sesame seed bun!

8. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    Thats not photo shop. :eek: Its off www.somethingawful.com

9. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico

exactly... that "thing" is real :eek:

fact: somethingawful.com and their forums are the best ever... 5 golden manbabies to them!

10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    It's simple, really. Summer's ending. That means less sun to possibly corrupt their precious white flesh and fade their hair dye. :)

I know this 35-year old goth pretty well. His name is Dorian James (at least that's what he's named himself), and he plays guitar and....ELECTRIC SITAR!!! His old drummer and the drummer's girlfriend were pretty good friends of mine for a while, and it was them who made me realize that yes, goths do avoid the sun like it was death itself. New goths? Maybe Sisters of Mercy put out a new album or Hot Topic is having a summer clearance sale.

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I don't mind the whole goth thing. I usually come off as more of a metal/punk kid, I love how people are genres of music most of the time. But when people go all nutty about goin' goth... ehhhh? Uncool.

12. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Yeah, I guess I was Goth before Goth was cool too. My "black phase" lasted about seven years. I took my senior pictures in a graveyard for cry-eye!

[​IMG]

A Goth mullet? You friggin' bet!

13. Here they come!
    (shut up you bastards!)

[​IMG]

14. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Man, that's too friggin' funny, Spanky! They look like extras on the set of The Crow! Their moms and dads must be so proud!

:D :D :D

15. real Goths are ok. I know a few and there cool.
    But recently a lot of goth wannabee's turned up, and thats disturbing..

16. Hey i didn't know <i>revenge of the nerds 5</i> was out already..

17. Yes, the bloody things show up everywhere. I swear (most) people do it to be different and just end up being the same as everyone else. :rolleyes:

18. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    yeah around here there loads of 'em. However, they're mostly 13 and 14 who dress in limp bizkit hoodies and that stuff.

We craftily labelled them as 'mini-goths' which they dont seem to approve too much:D

19. not really, i mean sure there are a lot of poser punks (emphise on a lot) in my school, but i'm the first "real" goth...