Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The government should leave Mobsters alone

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I was watching some thing on the Mafia and it appears they have really cracked down on organized crime since about the mid 80s, and it's a shame. Mobsters are cool just on general principal. They drive fancy Cadillacs and cook delicious foods. Plus the are responsible for such movies as Goodfellas, which has enhanced all of our lives.

What the mob does is really no different then what the Government does anyways, so I don't get it. I wish things were like how they were back in the old days, when the mob actually influenced almost everything, including politics, labor unions, and Frank Sinatra.

Lets give it up to Mr. Carlos Gambino.
    [​IMG]

2. Amazing. Hollywood glamorized a deadly criminal lifestyle and you bought it.

Mike

3. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I know it's dealy and criminal, but it's still cool, and it's not any more corrupt then the government.

4. Why dont you write them a fan letter?

:D

You buy into movies too much............maybe 1% of them are like the characters in the movies.

My great Grandfather was a rumrunner in the 20s-30s. He was connected to whatever mob ran whiskey in Florida.

5. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Uhm. Yeah. Or something.

6. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    The IRS never killed me, my wife, or any of my children when they thought I owed them more money that I thought I did . . . . it ain't all glamorous, and despite what you see in the movies, there wasn't that much "honor" among them.

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    It's cool? Are you serious? Turn off your TV dude, at least until game seven Thursday night. :)

-Mike

8. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Game 7 is going to be fun. And of course if the Pistons win, i'm sure some fires will be burning in Detroit (as usual). I hope the mob didn't rig the game for gambling purposes.

9. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    holy hell.

game 7? i thought the spurs would finish it...

10. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Careful dude, you're gonna get moved to TPA. And then you'll have to pay your membership fee. Only mobsters have that kind of money. :D

11. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Yeah... and all those serial killers... those guys are COOL... government should leave them alone... think of movies that show how cool they are... se7ven, Hannibal, Red Dragon , Natural born killers etc etc etc

:D :D :D :D

[voice=George Carlin] and what happen to all the zombies... that’s the problem with zombies... they are unreliable[/voice]

:D :D :D

12. Mike McGibney

Mike McGibney Not impossible ... Inevitable

Apr 13, 2005
    Essex, UK.
    I thought the first post was fairly ironic, and not totally serious. Anyone else get that?

13. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

"And when they do talk about zombies... its always a bunch of negative **** too!"

14. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    BTW Pirates own Mobsters... Pirates are the best... Mobsters are P****'s they let the government tell them what to do... not Pirates nor sir, Pirates are cool... they don’t take crap from anyone...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4350177.stm

I want to be a pirate... I WILL become one... and i will steal Spanish gold and then get drunk and sail around stealing more of Spanish gold... that’s a life... so much fun... Gold, drinking, sailing YAYAYAYAYA

Pirates own ninjas, Mobsters or anyone else...

PIRATES RULE!

[​IMG]

15. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    lol. :rolleyes:

16. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    He was surely serious, read some of his other posts.

17. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Remember, Al Capone got nailed for tax evasion. The gov couldn't get him any other way. "That's the difference between me and scum like you". :D

18. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    No way. Joe Peshi alone could take all the Pirates!

19. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    The mob was cool until they started driving SUVs.

brad cook

20. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Treehugger!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.