1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The grades are in, it's official: I graduated college

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by IconBasser, Aug 10, 2012.

1. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    Just got my grades for my final round of classes, so I'm now completely finished with my BA in Economics. It's certainly been a fun 3 years. College was a fantastic experience, I'm definitely going to miss it.

It feels quite strange now that I'm out, I've been a student my whole life, and now, at 20 years old, I've got to go figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life. I'd like to get a masters in mathematics, but that won't be for a few years at least.

To all my fellow grads out there: congratulations, and good luck!

2. Congratulations!

So, now that the hazing is officially over, can you take the silly Viking hat and goggles off?

3. IconBasser

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    being an actuary is certainly a rewarding job. Unfortunately, I don't think I took enough math in college to qualify (ironic, now that I've come to realize that I love math). I'd need to get at least a masters to excel in that field, but if I did get one, there are other fields that I'd rather go into (medical sciences).

4. IconBasser

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    never. In fact, I think I'll put on another hat on top of the helmet.

5. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

I'm sure your stint as Atlas is a burden you'll gladly let go :)

That's gotta feel great! Gratz!

6. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    Congrats!

.. so did you just hang the miter on the horns or did it fit on top? :)

7. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

I just saw this and had to share.

just-divorced.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    When do you start work?

-Mike

9. Cograts man! Its awesome that you love math. I HATE it. I have been out of school since 05 but when I started college last semester, Algebra killed me.

One thing I've noticed, if you're good at math, the job market is big! and available.

10. IconBasser

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    right now I'm working with a solar panel installation company, running a small sales and marketing team. Not really that exciting, but it pays very well. I'm still looking for analyst positions around Southern California and the greater Seattle area.

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I am very intrigued by solar technology, sounds like a cool job.

Would greater Seattle include Olympia/Lacey? If so, let me know. I lived there for 30 years. I know some peeps.

-Mike

12. Damn congrats thats gotta be an awesome experience if you can do it there is no harm in getting your masters.

Your almost 2 full years younger then me and I have been in college since I graduated highschool and still not done........1 more class this fall, Math 111.Only 3 years to get a BA thats crazy , I have even done summer classes the whole time, september is my 4 year anniversary of starting college.

13. IconBasser

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    yes, it would, I love that area of Washington.

14. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

Congrats and welcome to the big, scary world. Just take it easy and plan out your life from here. Try out a few different things before you make the big commitment.

15. Congrats! Best of Luck in the Future!

16. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Congrats!

17. IconBasser

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    thanks guys!

18. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

Congrats and good work on the solar panel job. It will make it easier to pay off those student loans.:D All joking aside you have my respect for competing your college education.

19. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    So is this the equivalent of leaving a British university with a degree? Just curious...

Well done. And it's 'Maths' not 'Math' :)