Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Grammys

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Thunderbird91, Feb 8, 2006.

1. The Grammys... What do you think of them? Who should win? What was your favorite moment?

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    one of mine passed away a couple years back.... I really miss her. My other one is in her 90s... she don't hear or think too good any more, but I love her just the same.

3. What? oh I get it.. haha

4. Oooh I am watching them right now and supposedly a tribute to Sly and the Family Stone! I can't wait!

5. Ha james, sorry about your g-ma's lol. Yea I dont even bother watching the grammys.

6. The sly tribute was definitely cool.

Sly is an old ass mofo with a blond mohawk of all things!

3 bass palyers, the guy from Maroon 5 playing what looked to be a black American Jazz with a tort pickguard. Bernard something (last name lost me) playing a Jazz style bass. And the judge from American Idol Randy Jackson playing a MM SR% which might have had a BART pup in it, i didnt see any big pole peices.

7. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    The Sly tribute was weird. He walks out, doesn't look up and then walks off....

Paul McCartney was great though

8. Roundwound

Roundwound

May 13, 2004
    Peoria, IL
    +1 on Paul - wish I was there to hear those fat Ashdowns and Mesa cabs.

What Ampeg rig was the Maroon 5 guy going through?

9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    I just caught a Madonna and Kelly Clarkson on youtube.com I'm waiting for someone to upload some more performances.

(I don't have TV, didn't even khow they were tonight)

10. Despite being a bassist, I'm still worried about Les Paul.

11. Skeletomania

Skeletomania

Oct 25, 2005
    hong kong
    You dont have a t.v!?? Then where does your furnitures point at?

12. willgroove2

willgroove2

Aug 16, 2003
    chicago IL
    Endorsing Artist;Essential sound products,Dunlop, Ergo Instruments
    the mere fact that sly showed up period had my mouth open but he was looking very strange. he has been ill the pass few years.It was good to see randy groovin out on bass with the tribute and with mariah carey,people forget he's a hell of a bass player.

13. :rollno: I apologize if I offend any of guys, but the show is lame. I mean the segment with Linkin Park, some rap guy and McCartney was just plain weird. Sly looked really ill; the band didn't seem to know what to do, especially when he left the stage. Now some guys are dressed like USC marching band and doing some inane rap. Aerosmith used to be great but have outlived their usefulness and after Tom Hanks introduced some members of the Weavers, then spoke about the most influential folk singer of the last few decades, I was amazed that Springsteen came out, doing an imitation of himself. I'm just waiting for Herbie Hancock to come out. Oh yeah, I first tuned in when Mariah Carey (I didn't know who the hell she was, my wife did) was singing. Now, Green Day -- one of the stupidest of the 7th generation coroprate punk bands -- is getting their award. Sheesh. </rant off>:bawl:

14. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    in a decade of blank stares at my lack of TV... no one has ever asked me that.

In the beginning I kinda felt it needed a focal point and had a 150 gallon fish tank set up. Now the furniture points at each other... the focus in on communicating with others in the room, not a box on the wall.

15. Okay, Herbie sounded pretty good -- I especially like that Leon Russell number -- but that singer has GOT TO GO. Christine Aguilera! Yech. Where's Chaka Khan when you need her!?

16. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    A few years ago I was visiting a friend of mine in LA and a guy comes out of a bed room(he was all bent over and looking pretty bad,like he was having back problems
    and in a lot of pain)he looked at me and spoke and went on to enter the Bathroom,he looked very familiar so I asked my friend if it was who I thought it was and she informed me that yes,that's Sly Stone(and that he is suffering from serious back problems)so when he came out of the bathroom he and I ended up spending about an hour just hanging out(he was pretty kool and very nice)until my ride for the Airport came and picked me up.

17. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Your setup is sort of like at my brother's house. He has a tv downstairs with some furniture, but upstairs is where he has 2 couches and a huge chair with a 150 gallon on a wall. Whenever he has people over, we're always upstairs. :smug:

I didn't watch the Grammy's, cmon guys Lost was on. Would've been nice to see Sly Stone and that tribute or whatever, but the island was calling.

AuG

18. Skeletomania

Skeletomania

Oct 25, 2005
    hong kong
    At least your bro still owns one. How on earth can you escape akward conversations, or let your mind escape from some boring conversation you care less.

19. Was Larry Graham playing in the Sly tribute? The band was supposed to be a reunited Family Stone right? Sorry I don't recognize what he looks like these days.