1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fr3tl3ssjunki3, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Anyone else feel like this? It seems like no matter what I do or try, everyone else is having more fun playing, living, whatever. Of course, I know that not to be true, but my mind says otherwise. I watched Frank Zappa's "Does Humor Belong In Music?" video, and I was blown away by the stage presence of his bass player; a guy named Scott Thunes. Damn....

2. Scott Thunes:cool:

3. No - it's true. No matter where you are, the guy next to you will be having more fun, playing better, richer and generally better off than you.

Man, I'm glad I'm me and not you!

:p

4. Should I laugh or should I cry? Tough call.

5. Something to shoot for.

6. Perception is your reality.

Ya gotta around that and use it.

7. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    I'm a very reserved person by nature, it takes a lot to get me hyped.
    When life gets that way its time to do something crazy. Get laid, smoke a bowl, blow $500 bucks at a black jack table...maybe just learn a new song?

8. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst

Jun 4, 2008
    HAHAHAHHA!

Nah, I think everyone feels like that sometimes. You gotta be happy with the little things and use them to get through the big stuff. Be content with what you have, just remember (clechae'(SPELLING!?) line coming up) the kids in Africa or on the streets, or with no legs or something.

9. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

Yeah, that always cheers me right up....

10. LOL! Thanks! I got a gig tonight, so that should help at least a bit :)

11. Just remember, even if the grass is a TINY bit greener on the other side, it's still pretty darn green on yours.