1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD The Great 2012 Bass Sell-a-Ton (Smith, Pavel, R-Bass, Roscoe, STR)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Danny R., Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We're house hunting!

I gotta sell some of the basses I don't use to raise some money. I'm just gonna sell 3 (you guys decide which ones!), after that I'll close the thread.

Ken Smith BSR6MW. Tiger Maple top and back, Walnut core. Maple neck and Morado board. Standard Smith electronics, 18 v. and dip switches. Has some wear on the body but it sounds like a Smith.... Amazing!! $2700 shipped or best reasonable offer. GONE!!!!

R-Bass SC6. White Mahogany body, Brazilian Walnut burl top (Mahogany veneer), Maple neck and Birdseye Maple board. Bartolini pickups and preamp. Excellent condition. $2800 shipped or best reasonable offer.

R-Bass DC6. Mahogany body, Brazilian Walnut burl top (Ash veneer). Maple neck and Birdseye Maple board. Bartolini pickups and Glock preamp with a tone control. Sounds and feels amazing! Excellent condition. SOLD!!!! :D

Ain't Nobody Bass Cover (Chaka Khan Live) - YouTube

Pavel Jazz Pro Deluxe. This is it guys, one of the best Jazz basses I've ever played, it doesn't get any better than this. The neck is brand new and it feels great. The bass was completed in May last year, and the old neck felt kind of funny. Pavel built a new neck for the bass and now it feels and sounds better than ever! Ash body, Maple burl top and Matching headstock. Maple neck and flamed Maple neck. Bartolini pickups and 3 band preamp. Ebony covers and ramp. New condition, I'm keeping it! :D

STR CS549. One of my favorite sounding basses! Alder body, Maple neck and Rosewood board. Jet black finish with a stunning quilted Maple pickguard and matching Quilted Maple headstock finished in green. STR pickups and Aguilar OBP-3 preamp with a tone control. Mint condition, $2300 shipped or best reasonable offer.

DR Neon Strings Test (STR CS459 Bass) - YouTube

R-Jazz bass. Mahogany body, Maple neck and 24 fret Wenge board. Nordstrand NJ5 and 2 band preamp with tone control. I had a Zebrawood pickguard made (not pretty but it looks nice) and comes with a toirtose pickguard. Like new condition, the only issue is that when the luthier installed the pickguard, he drilled one of the holes too close to the neck but it doesn't afect anything. $2400 shipped or best reasonable offer.

Magnify Bass Cover (Marvin Sapp) - YouTube

Lastly my Roscoe LG-3000. Amazing and funky little bass. Ash body, spalted Maple top, Maple/Purple heart neck, Wenge board. Standard Roscoe pickups and a brand new Bartolini preamp with an active/passive pull/push switch. Mint condition, SOLD!!!! :D

Trades, I'm always up for trades, but this time I'm after a 5 string Smith, a fancy Roscoe, MTD 535s or maybe something else of the same caliber. cash is king ;)

Feel free to ask any questions and thanks for looking!

3bcdb589.

4904e53d.

ddef7508.

789b4b2a.

8505c7db.

f7b7241e.

3298997d.

aabf46a5.

6523c2d5.

d827b535.

7c122f0f.

2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Wow. Nice basses.

3. Holy Jack Mackeral! Dem Dar Basses is badder'n da Kooter Brown!

4. honest abe

honest abe Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Weslaco TX
    Audio Engineer for Marcos Witt
    That STR rocks! Easily one of the best modern jazz basses Ive ever owned! Someone will be very lucky!

5. Gualo

Gualo

Dec 9, 2005
    Mexico!!
    Endorsing Artist: Fender Mexico, Swr Amps, Jimmy Wess Strings
    Agree with that!! Danny is a great Guy and he knows what he got... these are Great basses and this is agreat oportunity to get a High end custom bass at a good price..
    I´ve deal with danny and he is a great person and a good friend!!
    i wish i could afford that pavel :(

Someone will get a great deal with danny!!

6. R0VER

R0VER

Jul 25, 2011
    Pm sent

7. the biggest R bass sell off i've come across - lot of cool stuff. good luck with the sale.

8. Cinquez Griffin

Cinquez Griffin

Apr 4, 2011
    Ohio
    Sweet video that R bass (jazz) sounds nice....what did you use to record?...any effects?....or is that just that bass with all that beef and growl?

9. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    Man, that double cut R-bass 6er haunts me at night.

If you have your eyes on any of these, don't hesitate. Danny is the man!

10. pedulla1

pedulla1

May 14, 2005
    NYC
    Danny do you have sound clips of the double cut R-bass 6? Thanks.

11. No effects or any recording tricks.
    The bass was plugged to a mini Mackie mixer straight to the mic input on my camera. Everything was flat.

12. funkboy5

funkboy5 19mm + 35" = :-) Bass'd on a true story

Jan 4, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Ditto

13. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    Do you have any more pics of the DC6? Hard case, gig bag?

14. conttador

conttador

Jun 10, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Class Guy bump!

15. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Nice basses! Do you know the weight of the R Bass double cut 6?

16. Weights a little over 9 lbs.

I just uploaded a video of the DC6, but you gotta watch it at 480p, if you try to watch it @ 720p or higher the audio is way out of sinc :eyebrow:

Ain't Nobody Bass Cover (Chaka Khan Live) - YouTube

And the Smith is gone!!! :D

17. rojo412

rojo412 Walnut is fun! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Awesome basses. And you've got a great touch as well, nice playing!

GLWTS!

18. kuma9

kuma9 Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Philadelphia Pa
    Hi, any word on that Pavel?

19. i can not see the pics!!!!!!!!

20. RyanJD

RyanJD

Apr 19, 2011
    Iowa
    That is a lot of money spent on basses. :D