Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Great Cookie Scam of 2004

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Buyer's beware!

Okay, not so much a scam, but has anyone noticed there are two versions of each type of Girl Scouts cookies? There's Samoas/Caramel Delites, Tagalongs/Peanut butter rounds, etc. We bought some of the not-so-famously named versions the other day, and they didn't taste like Samoas or Tagalongs at all. Same $3 for a tiny box of cookies, but they weren't nearly as good as the old classics. Back in Connecticut, all they had were the famous name style, but here in Cleveland, they're not available in certain counties. Anyone else disappointed by the officially licensed knock-offs?

2. Sorry. Only the good stuff here in Illinois.

3. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Good stuff here in Michigan. Two boxes of Samoas and a box of thin mints, period.

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    The chocolate mint things are the only good girl scout cookies. the rest suck beyond belief.

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I love tagalongs but haven't had girl scout cookies in a looong time. Never seems to be any girl scouts around when I'm in the mood for some (cookies that is).

By the way...the thread title would have been much cooler if it said "ought four" instead of "2004." ;)

brad cook

6. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I'm not allowed cookies(munch, munch)...

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    You sir, are no cookie afficionado

8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

No... But I did save tons of money by switching to Gieco

9. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Great post there mike! You get a gold star!!! Anyways, Samoas are my FAVORITE cookie ever. I have eaten 2 boxes in about 36 hours. Really unhealthy. No wonder I'm fat.

10. PJaye

PJaye

Feb 2, 2004
    Boston/Worcester
    I got a hold of some thin mints and the caramel ones. They were the real ones I'm sure ...and $4.00/box.

11. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

MMMMMM....Thin Mints. After an hour in the freezer of course, with a glass of milk.

12. Tagalongs are the best, no question about it.