1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Great Summer 07 TB Barbeque thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by slugworth, Jun 3, 2007.

1. slugworth

slugworth Inactive

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    We're talkin' Barbeque, folks. Pork, Beef, Chicken, etc, hell, even vegetarian! We're talkin' sauces, rubs, smoke, wood, charcoal. Tell us what you do, how you do it, and why you think it tastes the best! Show us your grills, smokers, store bought or home spun!!

I'm doin' a tri-tip tonight with my favorite sauce: STUBBS!
    "Ladies and gentlemen, I am a cook" -C.B Stubblefield.

700_StubbOrigBBQ_POP.gif

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    It's not a "boutique" sauce, but my favorite commercial, easy-to-find barbeque sauce is Bulls Eye.

[​IMG]

3. slugworth

slugworth Inactive

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    And a fine sauce it is!!! Great on Beef.

4. I picked up a bottle of Stubbs just last week.

Put it on some pork chops. Kind of a tomato-y BBQ sauce, I like it. Probably awesome on chicken.

I'm gonna have to pick up some ribs now. ;)

5. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I tend to buy most of my barbeque sauces at the Menards chain of hardware & more stores. Some of my favorite are the Famous Daves brand. I like to marinate steaks in the Devil's Spit kind. For general use-the Rich & Sassy or Sweet & Zesty are my favs.

6. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Let Mr Yoshida handle things!

Really excellent sauces.

[​IMG]

I'm looking forward to getting a lot of use from my Barbecue this year!

7. BetterBottomEnd

BetterBottomEnd <- Not me I just like looking at her

Jan 9, 2007
    Cable Wi
    I made some excellent Jerk Chicken for my graduation party. I've made it a few times before but always found it to taste really acidic messed with the recipe a bit and it was amazing. Just got a smoker a little while ago and haven't had a chance to break it out yet. I'll probably make my own sauce and do some kind of ribs.

8. slugworth

slugworth Inactive

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    Hey, when did the Brits learn how to barbeque???:)

9. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    Mustard based barbeque rocks.

10. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    Well purists will say bbq sauce takes away from the flavor of the meat, but i like me some kc masterpiece hickory quite a bit.

11. I don't mind a good BBq sauce, but nothing beats a good dry rub.

12. I use bottled BBQ sauce sometimes but I add about 50% beer and some spices. I never apply it on the grill, it makes a mess! After the meat is done, I put it in a big Tupperware container and mix it with the sauce. Sometimes, like with pulled pork or ribs, I'll put it back in the warming box in my grill and let the wood smoke give it a little more flavor.

13. syciprider

syciprider Inactive

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I make my own sauce.
    It is normally teriyaki based with my own little spin.

14. Reading that just made me REALLY hungry. :D

15. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    This gives me a plan for this week. I think it's about time for me to make some more barbeque-this time trying to make my own sauce.

16. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    In California we barbecue all year round. :smug:

I've been into the salt rubs lately.

17. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    every saturday and sunday my parents has a BBQ and its amazing!!!

18. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    Ribeyes or porterhouse = salt and pepper only

Country style pork ribs = bake in oven, covered, at 350 for 1 hour with 1 can of either cream of mushroom or french onion soup (your choice). Remove ribs, sprinkle with tony Chachere's cajun seasoning and place on grill. Brush choice of bbq sauce on rib before flipping.

Catfish......Mix brown deli mustard and beer to a paste consistancy, marinade fish in fridge overnight. mix 50/50 -cornmeal flour.....salt and pepper to taste, bread and deep fry.

19. We do that is Wisconsin too!!!! :D We just have to snowblow a path wide enought to drag the grill out.

Anybody else use Penzy's Chicago steak seasoning?

Or Cookie's BBQ sauce.

20. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA

That pork rib recipe sounds awesome. Just copy and pasted it and gonna try it this week. Love Tony's. :hyper:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 18, 2021