1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD The Greatest Bass I've Ever Owned - Fender AmDlx Jazz V FMT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Kwesi, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I actually think I have a good idea of what I want now so I'm making a new thread :).

This bass has some typical player wear and a small (2 mm) mark on the back where solder went thru the finish (no burn mark just bare wood). It'll will ship with it's OHSC and the case candy that was included with it. Both will be packed well enough to stop bullets.

Fender American Deluxe Jazz V FMT - Of all the basses I've owned including my Spectors, this is my favorite. It looks amazing, sounds amazing, and can handle anything that you throw at it and then some. It pretty much confirmed for me that I really dig jazz basses. I've put over $500 into this bass (Bartolini pickups and preamp, sadowsky knobs, all professionally installed, intonated and setup) to make it sound awesome and it does but I'm after something slightly different. The clips of the bass are both with the Bartolini pickups and stock Fender preamp. I already know that I'm going to regret this by I also know that I'm impatient... and without a job, lol.

BODY:: Alder
    TOP:: Quilted Maple
    NECK:: Maple
    FINGERBOARD:: Pau Ferro, white binding w/ MOP Blocks
    PICKUPS:: Delano JC 5HE dual in-line humcancelling jazz pickups
    PREAMP:: Bartolini HR-4.7A/P 3-band preamp with 3-way mid-selector (250/500/800Hz)
    SCALE:: 34 inch. 22 frets
    STRING SPACING:: 18mm
    WEIGHT:: less than 10lbs
    EXTRA: Full Schaller Strap-Lok system
    SOUND/VIDEO CLIPS:: Clip 1 Clip 2 Clip 3 Clips 1 & 2 feature this bass wit the Bartolini pickups and stock pre while clip 3 is with the Delanos and Bart pre.

Click the picture to go the gallery.

IMG_5596.

More clips can be made on request for those who are seriously interested :).

This sweet piece can be yours for $1500 shipped and insured in the CONUS :). International shipping is available if the buyer is willing to take on full shipping costs.

2. You should think about making another quick video, I know this thing has to absolutely sing with that bart preamp. Most barts are good with any preamp but absolutely amazing with bart preamps, although I could be way off on this.

I'm gonna come out and say that is literally the best looking bass I have ever seen, ever.

EDIT: Boy do I feel dumb, just saw you added a 3rd clip, and it does sound great with the bartolini preamp.

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Damn, do I want that bass! Somebody please buy my Lakland!

4. I've spent some time on this bass, and it absolutely roars! The Delano pickups sound fantastic; I was very surprised at how tight and growly they are. This is truly a monster Jazz at a very sweet price!

5. dose

dose

Nov 2, 2008
    Mobile,AL
    WOW....... That is the first fender I've ever seen that i wanted

6. Ivan M

Ivan M

Aug 2, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    What up Kwesi Ivan here I met you at the GTG this summer, man that is some really nice playing, I know u are selling your Fender but that fretless sure sounds Awesome in the video, I was not into the fretless stuff but after hearing you play it makes think about one when and if I ever get better. Anyhow good luck with your sale and sweet playing. Bump for you.

7. Is it wrong that I don't want this to sell so I can buy it when I have money?

8. Hey, I'm not 100 percent sure, but I think if you have a quilted maple top, then its a Fender QMT. Fender FMT is the flame maple top version....:D

Oh and nice playing, nice basses also....

9. Haha, thanks everyone! This really is a monstrous bass but it's just a hair off what I really want. I'm definitely keeping this in the TB family so I can hound whoever gets it if I ever want it back :p!

@Hollow Man - I'm gonna end up wanting to keeping it with comments like that :D!

@dose - That's exactly what I said when I saw it and that was before all the mods.

@Ivan_M - Thanks for the kind words. Yea, the Clement is awesome. I reckon it's gonna stick around for a good while.

@basstotheface - Haha, I know I've thought that for more than a couple basses here so I can't blame you :D.

@Gilsonite - It might be, I'm not 100% sure. Originally, all of these were just called FMTs regardless of the top the had then Fender switched the naming convention after a year or two to QMT and FMT depending on which they actually had.

10. You REALLY should hold on to this one... you will always regret it if you do.

Awesome looking bass

11. Vakmere

Vakmere

Sep 6, 2007
    Philly
    Freekin bass players are never satisfied. Like some women they always want more. Especially me. I've heard this bass to and it's right there with the sound. Philly bump for this one.

12. stix_clgi

stix_clgi

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    That bass is gorgeous...and the tone?? OMG I LOVE IT!!!! You're in Mitchellville? I'm in So. MD around the Waldorf area. I wish I could buy this bass lol.....

Love your playing man!!

Nice bass bump

13. Thanks dude! I'm in no huge rush to sell but I've got a custom Brubaker in the works and if not this then my rig that's for sale needs to go so that I can pay for it :)

14. bump!

15. Seriously, considering taking this down. Reevaluating my priorities. I should have a solid decision tomorrow.

16. bass4worship

bass4worship Ready For Freddy, let rock

May 4, 2009
    Sebring, Florida
    Man I love this bass, Somebody lend me some money.......

17. Weshunter413

Weshunter413

May 6, 2009
    Hickory NC
    Interested in a Lakland 55-94?

18. chriswebbmusic

chriswebbmusic

Aug 8, 2010
    London
    Endorsing Artist: Peavey Cirrus, Epifani, Fusion Bags
    still selling this bass?? HUGELY intersted sir!!!! been scouring the earth for one!!

19. bearsdad1

bearsdad1 Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Is bass still for sale? can you get into the 1250 range?

20. VroomVroom

VroomVroom Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Take it down. You sound great playing this instrument, and I just get the sense that you really speak well through it. There have been a couple of instruments over the years that I REALLY regret selling, and I worry that this would be one for your books. 'Cause we know, whoever buys this...won't be letting it go. :D

My local guru, who's been selling me gear for 20 years now, wrote a note and put it in the case of one of the last basses I bought. "Money comes and goes, and you can always find more when you need it. Good basses are rare and can't be replaced."

Just my two cents....good luck with everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.