Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Green Warwick used at Metallica Icon

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, May 13, 2003.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Does anyone know anything about the bass used at Metallica icon show by limp bizkits bass player on mtv last week. I really liked the model does anyone know if warwick put the LED's in or if that is an aftermarket addition in that bass.It was great sounding and looking bass.

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    do you have a link?

btw, i have a green warwick!

3. MAJOR METAL

Go to www.mtv.com to bands metallica then watch the video of limp bizkit playing sanitrium. can you post a pick of your green warwick ,thanks

4. That'd be a Warwick Streamer 5. I don't know the exact model, and I'm sure the LEDs were aftermarket.

5. I think we just covered this topic a few days ago (using Search you might find it). If I recall, everyone agreed that it was a Streamer Stage II with green LEDs and custom green stain. I have green LEDs on my '90 Stage II so this option can indeed be ordered.

6. MAJOR METAL

I do not recall this be talked about. What was the additional cost of LEDS

7. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I enjoyed the 'singer' dude's chicken flappin dance. It was cute.

Wondering though, why are folks tuning their guitars down so low when they sound like that?!. It's so far out of tune on the first string. Ouch. The bass wasn't as bad, but the guitar is just so far off...

you know Matt's looking into LED's, eh MM?

8. I'm pretty sure that it was a Streamer stage I, not II. It had the wide fingerboard and the body was flamed maple. Sweet looking bass.

9. Just re-read the thread and now I KNOW I am losing it. Streamer Stage I was the concensus. Getting old will do that to you.

10. MAJOR METAL

oddio thanks for the link i must have missed that:)

Mark at your next gig you should see if you could do a littel chicken dance with you new FBB.

I think Matt was just going to do the side markers not the front ones. Wasent that a sweet looking bass were you able to watch the whole song. Did your 8 string come, are you going to play with a pick or finger style on it

11. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    heh, I'm not much of a dancer, especially since I have to sit for the whole gig!

I thought he'd be doing some front LED's, I'll ask.

That Warwick is pretty nice! You don't see too many like that. Very cool.

I intend to make use of any approach I can think of for the 8. We tried to spec it so it will allow pingerflucking, plectrum picking, slapping, popping, whatever I can squeeze out of it. What'd I miss?
    Eh, ebowing might be a little tricky...

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hey, my little contribution to FBB.

He said that it'd be like a approx. $400 (I have $360 rattling around for some reason) for side LEDs, and we never got around to front LEDs, because side was already out of my then budget, but he was looking into front last time I checked.

13. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    LED's are an option that warwick offers now...and like sam's streamer stage I, the little "w" on the headstock lights up, too...all for just 780.00 :rolleyes:

14. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    nah....it was one of those cheap spector knock-offs :D

15. For those that wanted to see a pick of Sam Rivers' Green Warwick used at MTV Icon here it is, sorry it isn't better quality.

I think i've found my next bass!

Does anyone know if the glowing W is included in warwicks prices for LED's for $780?????

[​IMG]

16. Chris_AtariDoll

Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    UK
    the glowing 'w' is a £30.00 option on top of the price of the leds (£440.00), all UK prices.

I was thinking about them when i ordered my Stage II, but there was one in stock that was a bit ov a bargin, so didnt bother in the end. mite by a used LX and have some fitted.

Nice to see sam using a 'proper' warwick bridge not the ugly ibanez monorails. :)

17. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Someone give this man a prize. :D