The guitar player in my new band gives guitar players a good name for once!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JWC, Jan 12, 2001.

1. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    In my new prog. rock band, the guitarist and I have become great friends. Listen to this....he found a Jaco cd on my book shelf and started talking about how great he was. Then, everytime I put in a Yes tape in the car, all he talks about is how wonderful Chris Squire is. You gotta love this guy!
  2. It's about time!!!While you're at it,give him a video of Larry Graham and experience stinky funky motrbooty groove.
    Do I have a witness??!!
  3. I'm lucky enough to have been playing recently in a band where the guitarist also happens to be one of the better bassists in town. It makes life real easy when we can discuss basslines and stuff speaking the same language and with a common perspective regarding the context and needs of the song as opposed to the typical battles with guitar types. It's a lot more productive and fulfilling (not to mention FUN!) to work with an actual _musician_ than it is to work with someone who's not much more than a collection of regurgitated licks and tricks.
  4. yeah my guitar player is a cool guitarist too. he likes bass solo stuff and actually at times asks if i can add in even more bass to it cause he likes me to be actually heard.
  5. My guitarists in my last band understood the importance of groove and were easy to work with.They liked the old shool funk;they especially dug James Brown and Motown.
  6. Yea, my guitarist is cool too. Whenever we are jamming, he wants to to a switch off period, where he noodles around on bass while I play guitar. It's pretty fun 'cus we both don't know what we are doing on each other's instruments! lol, he tells me to be louder and stuff... He likes slap :cool:
  7. TheFrizzleFry

TheFrizzleFry Guest

Nov 21, 2000
    Stinktown, Pa, USA
    The worst thing about my band is everyone is a better bassist then I am. It's OK for the drummer because his number 1 thing is bass, but the guitar players are better than I am... DAMMIT!!
  8. Everyone else in my band likes the bass. If we wrote more original pieces, I'd get more shining moments. :p
    Also, one of our guitarist/drummers got himself a bass about 6 months ago, and every now and then likes to screw around on it. When I offered, though, he said "I suck too much at bass to play in any songs. I think you should stick with it." :D
    Of course, I WOULD like the chance to show off my nice guitar as well, but oh well. I guess my basses'll have to do. :p:D
  9. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I think your guitarist is a closet bass player and as soon as he realizes that he can pick up girls playing the bass too, he will trash his guitar and buy himself nice bass.

10. Ok, can i borrow someones guitarist PUHLEEESSSSEEEE!!!! lolol. we only have a lead guitarist in our band, he's cool cause he loves loads of bass so i take a lead role occasionally, but when my guitarist is asked to perform a solo we actually have to turn his volume down to make him stop.

"Man we need a solo that goes for 4 bars"

16 bars later.... (not including the 4 he was supposed to do)

"Oi!!!! would someone tell him to shut up!" lolol

Ahh wankfest moments... what more could one ask for heh??

Oh BTW, you ppl are VERY VERY lucky, and i'll start the bidding at 10 dollars with a free bottle of nail polish for your guitarist......:D
  11. nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    It won't last.