1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The guys at GC really know their stuff!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BigNoise, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Well they are like the Walmart of gear, what'd you expect.............

2. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Oh man...

That price ain't bad though...

3. phatchops

phatchops

Jun 29, 2007
    That's the most unique P bass I've ever seen....:rolleyes:

Tools!

4. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    I think they have to take a class first...

How else can they offer such accurate information on a consistent basis?

5. When I saw the thread title I just knew it had to be a joke. :D

6. That is so, so lame. That goes par for the coarse, I had a guy do a set up for me at GC, while he's doing the setup, he's telling me how many setups he's done and how fast he is doing them. I get the my bass home to find out that he did the setup 1/2 step too high in the key of F.:help:

7. wizay

wizay

Mar 5, 2008
    Norway
    hahaha, me 2 ;p I had to look at it twice tho : P

8. Rolos

Rolos

Sep 26, 2008
    Lets be glad it's a bass, at least.

9. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    +1!!! Somebody needs to get that "P-bass" before they wise up!

10. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    hahahahaah

11. LMFAO!!

12. Ha, nice. Someone's asleep over there.

13. +1

14. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    That one isn't too bad, for a while they had a 70's Gibson Telecaster Deluxe up on the guitar section. That white jazz looks strangely familiar. There was an identical one being sold at a local GC for the same price, but it disappeared about 6 months ago after sitting in the store for a year. I remember that it had been refinished (either that or it was a bad finish by fender, you could tell by cloth marks in the finish on the from whoever sprayed the clear coat) but they were still asking 2G's for it.

I know that they have a policy that used/vintage gear has to sit in a store for at least 6 months before it can be shipped to another store, maybe that's what happened here.

15. RED5

RED5

Jan 14, 2008
    Suffolk County,NY
  16. Muddslide

Muddslide

Feb 23, 2007
    Mobile, Alabama
    I guess what I'm curious about is, if this P-bass was modded by trimming down the neck profile, shaving off some of the body to give it an offset waist, having the electronics removed and replaced with a different knob configuration and control plate, and the pup was swapped for two single coils, does all that work make it worth MORE or does it hurt the value?

:smug:

17. lamonica78

lamonica78

Feb 9, 2008
    Philadelphia
    I wonder if we could sue them for false advertisement! :ninja:

18. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I Grow Organic Carrots
    The guys at GC really know their stuff!!

Hmmm ... do I sense sarcasm?

when you work at guitar center knowledge about musical instruments is NOT required. But it does help to have spiked hair, black nails, and body oder.

19. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    I was at a GC trying out some Markbass heads last week, and the salesman was doing his normal chat-up for the commission routine. I mentioned that I was selling an SVT 3 Pro, and he said, "well you can go down to 2 ohms on that head so you could probably run two cabs."

Aside from his obvious break with reality, I was really impressed with his inability to say anything specific enough to be relatively useful.

All this while he was trying to sell me full price equipment with large gashes in the metal casing from mishandling.