1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Gym Institution

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Icey101, Dec 7, 2011.

1. 1. The 2 cute perfectly shaped blondes on the step machines chatting to each other and sending sms's on iphones, doing no more then 80 cal in 20 minutes
    2. The tall gym instructor guy buzzing around all the cute girlies asking how they are going and if they need help while the over weight older guys are left floundering in their own sweat
    3. The roided gym junky guy who owns the gym and if you get in his way he will smack you out
    4. The tattoo guy with skinny arms trying to fill those tattoos he got years back
    5. The group of young guys who all stand around laughing taking turns at lifting some small weight and never getting bigger
    6. The talker guy who comes up to you and slows you down with stories off all the women he has layed
    7. The cute chick behind the counter who contantly has lots of guys buzzing around her for attention, hoping they will get lucky
    8. What else?

2. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    The guys who actually go to the gym and get **** done ;)

3. What about all the wimps you complained about in the last gym thread you started?

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Ya know, I've been working out in gyms of all kinds over the last 25 years. Like many other things, the experience is what you make of it. I go in the gym, work out, then leave. I don't bother with the stereotypes and certainly don't spend my time looking for them so I can go online and complain about it.

-Mike

5. 9. The guy who complains on the bass forum about all the cute girls at the gym who would rather text each other than pay attention to him.

6. Dale D Dilly

Dale D Dilly Monster

Jul 1, 2008
    I'm number number 5. I pay my dues though, so the purpose of the gym is whatever I want it to be.

Hey hey, I get some exercise and see my friends after a long day of work--sounds like there's no valid criticism that can be leveled against it. The only time I get annoyed by other people at the gym is when the overall number of users makes it hard to get around and use the equipment I want. That's not an annoyance aimed at any one person, it's just the one part of the gym I don't like.

7. lol

8. Why not worry more about yourself and how you are getting on?

9. [​IMG]

10. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Same here.

Pretty sure all the things mentioned in the OP are at my gym. The only people who annoy me though are #8. The ones who complain all the time. Especially when I'm trying to work out. I really don't care what other people in the gym are doing, how they're dressed, who they're talking to, etc.

Oh yeah, one other thing really gets me. People who stink.

11. What about the people that don't wipe down their machine after they use it?

lowsound

12. The old guys who you always seem to see in the locker rooms hanging out (no pun intended) naked, but you've never seen them actually working out.

The guys who do reps of ten minutes of lifting, 20 minutes of checking themselves out

People who do 10 minutes of treadmill at a sixty minute mile pace for their weekly workout

People who take 20 minutes to set up all their electronics and reading material and then hit the treadmill for 6 minutes.

I will admit that I've been in that first group at my last gym. It was a cold winter in Minnesota last year and I was a member of lifetime fitness and this was my workout- hot tub, sauna, back to the hot tub, steam room, shower, hot tub, shower. We have a house with a bad furnace lol

13. I always wipe down machines before use, unless I specifically saw someone wiping it down before I use it.

14. I do too, but it still bugs me when people don't wipe it down right after use.

lowsound

15. Oh, I agree, it bugs me too.

I just have the "trust no one" approach in the gym (well, in most places), when it comes to hygiene!

16. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Why do you hate gyms so much? I take it youre not getting laid very much, and are therefore too concerned with what other people are doing with their time.
    When I go to the gym I shut all the other people there out of my mind. Unless I get on the eliptical and there is a chick in front of me with a great ass. I put my headphones on, do my 15 min. cardio, then hit the weight machines, followed by the jacuzzi and a shower. If Im efficient enough, I get done about the time my wife is done with her zumba class. Or turbo kick, or whatever class she's in.

17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I think she signed up for Rex Kwan Do.

-Mike

18. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    You should change your username to Stereotyping Guy.

19. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Yesterday I observed a guy on a chest press reading a magazine. He would do a set and then take a 5 minute break. That stuff irritates me to no end.

20. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Lol, we both have memberships at 24hr Fitness. She prefers cardio workouts, so usually get involved in whatever class is taking place rather than lifting or using the machines. I'll join her in class on Mondays or Thursdays, so long as its yoga. She keeps trying to get me to zumba, and I just cant bring myself to do it.