Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The H is O

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, Jul 9, 2004.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Does anyone know where I can find video footage of the short film that was shown on Saturday Night Live called "The H is O?"

I just started thinking about it the other day and wanted to see it again. Does anyone remember that? It was hilarious. Will Ferrell was portraying Don Henley (if I remember correctly) who walks into a bar and Ben Stiller is a guy bragging to his buddies that he can pick up anyone. His buddies challenge him to pick up Don Henley. Anyway...it was freakin' hilarious. I looked around on Google for it and found one interesting fact...the guy who wrote and directed "The H is O" made his feature film writing and directorial debut with Anchorman: The Ron Burgundy Story. Anyone seen that?

brad cook

2. I don't need to know about Don Henley's stank...

Three lines or less...

:eyebrow:

:p

3. Glen Frey. Will was Glen Frey. Close enough, though.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    OH thanks.. That's even funnier. I really just have vague memories of it but I remember laughing my buttski off. The most vivid part is one of them saying very seriously "The H...is O." It was also funny how they were acting as if Glen Frey was the coolest celebrity in the world.

brad cook

5. although it looks lame, all my friends who thought the same as I say anchorman is actually pretty funny.

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Personally I think it looks funny, but I like Will Ferrell in pretty much anything.

brad cook

7. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Agreed. I still love the classic "We're going streaking" followed with "they're coming..." :D

8. They just had a "best of Wil Ferrel 2" on SNL this weekend. I didn't see it, but the Bill Braski skits are always the friggin funniest things.

9. "Nah, told my wife I wouldnt drink tonight. Well we got a big day planned tomarrow, gonna go to the Home Depot, yeah spend some time there, maybe Bed,Bath,Beyond I dunno , dunno if there will be time....well ILL DO ONE!!! Come Everybody were goin streaking, come on Snoop-A-Loop, wow, i backing away, hey you can bring your green hat!!"

I didnt quote it all , but best scene from the movie Old School.

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Wait...are you talking about when you came over last week?

brad cook

11. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Uh, yeah. You already forgot? :confused: