Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Happiest Man in the Land

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Stu, May 5, 2001.

1. I don't know how much better life can get for me ! I'm sitting here in front of my PC reading messages from people I don't know but who have the same interest as me and, broadly, the same aspirations as me in that we really only want to play Bass and on top of all this I'm practicing my Bass playing with my American Fender Jazz through my new Ashdown rig and drinking Tea !

Life is a wonderful thing !

Anyone else as happy as me ?

Stu :D

2. Yes me! life can't get any better. Just afraid of when the good times stop!
    heres the thing: I was failing badly in my electronic engineering course and yet on thursday i get a test back with 76% on it, then on friday i get another exam back with 80% on it woohoo. and then i go to enrollments and they found i was paying too much and knocked my installments down from $66.70 a fortnight to $46.

Today (a saturday) i sat down at this amp i am building, i haven't had the best of luck with it and yet today i tweaked something, fired it up and it works for the first time in 6 months. Each night a spend 2 or 3 hrs rebuilding things and the amp still didn't work, but today it did.

So three days in a row have gone good for me.. what will tomorrow bring? I should get a lottery ticket, or get laid... (or if i win lottery i'll pay to get laid!) :D :p

Merls

3. Well I feel the same way except its Coffee instead of tea, a Thumb Bass instead of the Jazz, and a SWR instead of a Ashdown.

Pretty cool place isn't it. :)

4. Merls, get laid and then buy a lottery ticket, because when you win you'll have a queue waiting to help you get laid, or as we say up in the north of England "the chicks will be waiting to sort you out ! "

Gruffpuppy, Thumb Bass hmm nice one and SWR even better, you have to be as happy as me ! Yep it is a cool plae to be...

Stu

5. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I feel the same way, except I have a Yamaha bass, Pepsi and Peavey amp..