1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD The herd must be thinned! Two old Rays and a L-2000

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dukeplaysbass, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dukeplaysbass

dukeplaysbass Supporting Member

Summer sale time!

Up for sale are a couple of axes that need new homes. The barn is a little too full, and I've got my eye on a new toy....

No trades and Lower 48 only, please. I have links to more pix if you need them.

First up, a 1995 Ernie Ball Musicman StingRay. This one is in great shape. Just a few bumps and a very slight bend to one of the tuners. Comes with the case pictured. Asking $825 + shipping.
    960ef7fb.
    8c92a4f0.
    87b2b574.

Next, this Ray has gorgeous grain in the neck and body, and maybe the lightest Ray I've ever owned. The color is slightly greener than these pix. Comes with a EBMM tolex case. She's got a few more miles than the one above, but given how pretty she is, and the weight, and the case, she's worth a little extra! Asking $875 + shipping, will consider offers.

6c489f39.
    42159b8b.
    fd26c95d.
    3b18662b.

Last is a GandL L-2000. This one is an 85 body and an 89 neck. It might have been an original. A few pick scratches and some bumps, but overall a great sounding axe in very good shape. Looking to get $725 + shipping for this one. Comes in the correct G&L tolex case, too. 9ae80df3.
    601d196a.
    9cce6592.

2. dukeplaysbass

I should add that everything ships in a brand new ULINE box with plenty of packing materials inside the case and out. The prices I will give you for shipping include full insurance.

3. Zitch

Zitch

May 12, 2010
    Akron, Oh
    I cant believe no one has taken that teal ray yet! I really want it, but unless trades are an option...

4. mikeddd

mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Hi,
    What's the FB radius on the Rays? They are both gorgeous! Also, what year is the teal one?

5. ahc

ahc

Jul 31, 2009
    No. Virginia
    Hi,
    Some interest and some questions: Any idea of the weight of the 1995 natural/maple fb one? How bad is the tuner bent? What's the condition of the truss rod and neck? Ceramic or Alnico pickup? I can't tell from the pic, but is the truss rod adjuster a wheel or a nut? Any more/better pics?
    Thanks,
    Al

6. dukeplaysbass

I don't know the radius, but I can measure it Monday night. I thought they were all the same from those years....:confused: The teal one is a 95-ish, I think? Never took the neck off to check....

Al, I sent you a couple of PMs.

7. ahc

ahc

Jul 31, 2009
    No. Virginia
    Got 'em and thanks. Decisions, decisions, decisions. :D

RE: Ceramic / Alnico pups... I've since found out that all 4 strings are alnico. 5 strings in the mid 2000's were switched to ceramic magnets, but have since gone back to alnico. Alnico supposedly "sounds better". I think the poles on the ceramic pups are less shiny and possibly darker. Don't quote me on any of this cause I could be wrong. :meh:
    Al

8. dukeplaysbass

Pix of the Blue/green Ray. This is the worst of the dings. Oddly enough, the worst is at the headstock...
    77815e25.
    15bef404.
    affad7e4.
    65c22409.

9. Ampig

Ampig Supporting Member

Great basses at great prices and still no sale. Plus Duke is as upstanding a guy to deal with as you'll find anywhere. What's going on here?

10. Reolin

Reolin

Jul 15, 2012
    PM'd several times but no reply

11. dukeplaysbass

Thank you, for your offers, Reolin, but I will not be shipping this to Russsia. And, as for your offer to ship to a US address, I will also decline. You have zero feedback and, in fact, joined TB about 3 days ago. That is a risk I do not wish to take.

Again, thank you for the offers.

To reiterate: US buyers only, please.

12. Reolin

Reolin

Jul 15, 2012
    I've been read only for a long time (I am a guitar player actually)
    BTW, I have an ebay account with 100% feedback, but who cares.

Anyway, no problem, good luck to you.

13. drea2304

drea2304

Feb 13, 2012
    Central IL
  14. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    El Presidente of Sanford and Sonny Audio Weapons (Bluebeard Fuzz)
    I love that L-2000!!!!
    What is the nut width?

15. dukeplaysbass

1 11/16"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.